Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How did i get this drunk?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure where this should go really! Health, food and drink, anything goes?

Anyway. I had one or 2 drinks before i left the house at 8 last night, didn't feel drunk at all. Went to the pub where i had no more than 3. they were doubles, in quite chunky glasses but they tasted incredibly strong. i like my spirits pretty much half an half and these tasted strong to me, i had to ask them top them up with coke. Then don't remember the rest of the evening but i didn't get any money out, didn't use my card and went to a place where drinks are £4-5 each. No1 bought me any drinks and i only spent £20. I was STEAMING. thing is i can normally drink a load more than that and it takes me ALOT to get to the point where i cant remember most the evening and am told i was singing come on eeileen at the top of my voice. Also didnt' have much of a hangover. its very strange :confused: why would it affect me so much?

Comments

• Options
    how drunk you get is dependent on how much you've had to eat, whether you're on your period or around that time, when the last time you drank alcohol was etc. you've already said that the drinks you had in the pub were very strong, maybe even larger than doubles. sometimes getting drunk just creeps up on you. maybe you forgot about a drink along the way.
  • Options
    Do you think maybe your drink had been spiked?
  • Options
    it seemed like thats what she was getting at but if you add up the units, she had had quite a lot.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    if you add up the units, she had had quite a lot.

:yes:

i would've been drunk after i left the first pub. :p

you say they tasted stronger, maybe they were. like lipsy said you also need to take into account what you'd eaten that day/whether you mixed your drinks/how quickly you drank them etc.
  • Options
    i dont think they were spiked there wasnt the oppertunity. i did have a lot yeah but no where near as much to be as drunk as i was and not remembering. its quite bad but i can actually drink alot. i dont see why i would keep getting served doubles that tasted like quadruples! you could smell my drink when you were sitting next to it.
  • Options
    also ate before i went out, not ill, not on medication and not on or near my period. nothing that i can think of that would make me that drunk
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    how drunk you get is dependent on how much you've had to eat, whether you're on your period or around that time, when the last time you drank alcohol was etc. you've already said that the drinks you had in the pub were very strong, maybe even larger than doubles. sometimes getting drunk just creeps up on you. maybe you forgot about a drink along the way.

How does being on your period make a difference?

I never knew that.
  • Options
    yeah i think hormones can affect it
  • Options
    Some places have 35ml measures, some have 25ml (the usual) so if you were getting doubles of 35mls that's very close to a triple of the usual measure.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    i dont see why i would keep getting served doubles that tasted like quadruples! you could smell my drink when you were sitting next to it.
    well surely thats your answer? you was being served extra strong drinks. perhaps the barman fancied you, or the barman was new etc.
  • Options
    Some places have 35ml measures, some have 25ml (the usual) so if you were getting doubles of 35mls that's very close to a triple of the usual measure.

Exactly, the 35ml one is quickly becoming the standard and most people dont even realise they are drinking that much more.
  • Options
    yeah, I can drink eight pints, and be fine, or drink two, be steaming, and hung over as HELL the next day. Does'nt matter if I've eaten or not...the human bodys not a science experiment...it can react in all sorts of odd ways to chemicals.
    I find if I'm depressed, I don;t get drunk as easily... if I'm on a major upper and feeling super happy, two or three and I'm dancing like a fool in the middle of an empty dance floor!
    (by the way, we will never mention the empty dancefloor comment again *wince*)
  • Options
    yeah i thought they might be 35ml but it still got me way to drunk. i mean i was absoulutley paralytic after 3 or 4 drinks. i'm maybe thinking it had a reaction with my citalopram, been on it for a year no problems but recently had my dose increased
  • Options
    WEll duh!:banghead:
  • Options
    i've never had any problems before! and had it increased for a couple of months