Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tonsillitis queory

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Visited the doctor on Monday and found out that my soar throat was in fact Tonsillitis, took the antbiotics as prescribed and gargled with TCP and soluble Paracetamol. The soar throat and headaches have now gone and feel pretty much normal again, I was wondering how long it'll be until I become non-contagious to others....especially to the girlfriend!

Today is Wednesday and she was planning on visiting this Friday, is that too soon? Guessing it'll probably be better to leave it a bit longer, but you know how it is :)

Any help would be gratefully received,

Phil.

Comments

• Options
    Might be worth checking to see if she still has hers first, but otherwise Friday is probably a little quick.

Best option here is to check with NHS Direct
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick reply and I will probably wait, it's just a bit annoying that she can't make it here for another 2-3 weeks.
  • Options
    Now I'm thinking if you saw the doctor on Monday you probably got 5 days or a weeks prescription for antibiotics? Make sure you finish the course even if you're feeling better. Ring up your doctor and find out how long you are infectious for, or try NHS direct. It's worth checking because a lot of illnesses are only really infectious before you get the symptons so you may be in luck.