Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Websites for a music newbie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So, I want to download some music into my WMP 11 library, and then sync it to my device. So I'm thinking, I'm needing mp3s. Two questions: where can you get MP3s from cheaply, and is it possible to download someone elses playlist, for example, someone might have made a playlist called 'travelling music'. I just don't have the energy to make my own you see...

Thanks anyway, might not be possible but thought I may as well try :). I find posting a 1gb memory stick to a friend and asking them to load it with mp3s works well, im not really into filesharing massively (and I'm at uni now) just want something nice to listen to... all the internet radio stations are a bit rubbish tbh
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The iTunes music store is pretty good and easy to use, and they have things like recommended playlists...
    Also they dont put all that copyright shit onto the mp3's. So you can burn them to CD, put them on mp3 players etc etc...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    The iTunes music store is pretty good and easy to use, and they have things like recommended playlists...
    Also they dont put all that copyright shit onto the mp3's. So you can burn them to CD, put them on mp3 players etc etc...
    You sure about that? I got one song off iTunes, and it was M4P format and wouldn't play in Media Player or on my phone.
  • Options
    You sure about that? I got one song off iTunes, and it was M4P format and wouldn't play in Media Player or on my phone.

Oh... well I could be wrong.
    I aint downloaded anything off it for a while, the last time I did though, the track is now on a CD and my iPod...

Maybe they have changed it. Also the track I brought was from a very small record label, so maybe they have different licensing from the bigger more well known ones.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

There's an option in iTunes to 'Convert to MP3', and there are plenty of freeware converters on the net anyway.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    allofmp3.com?