Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Grandma's death

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone help? I am a teen. My Grandmother of whom I was very close to died about 4 years ago. Only the thing is I still haven't really come to terms with it.The thing is when she died I I ended up due to circumstances an awful amout of high school. Therefore I missed pretty much all of my religious education and therefore I don't really understand where she's gone.
I have a question I was wondering whether anyone out there could possibly help me with. This is: what does The Bible/Christianity say that Heaven is like? What does it look like? (are there any descriptions) and what happens up there??
Also I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question (only I just wondered because I missed such a lot of school) but do they give a good all-round general education in Religion in High schools??
What sort of things about religion do they teach you in England?
CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY HELP?????

Comments

• Options
    I cant even remember being taught Christianity in secondary school.

Anyhow, stay strong. :thumb:
  • Options
    She's reborn dude. Heaven must have a shitton of people, 10x times worse than living in mexico city.

She's a 4 year old toddler right now, learning to speak properly etc.

She might be still 6ft underground, for the agostics out there. There are a lot more things than christianity, you know!
  • Options
    sorry to hear about your grandma! hugs!!..it's ok to not be over it even now...
    i don't know about the religious teaching system in the UK, but i think you should maybe talk to people who're kinda well read when it comes to religion and theories of what happens after. but i think all religions have one thing to agree on, whatever comes around goes around! and im sure your gran must've lived a good life. if that's the case then she's in a good, safe place i think!:)
  • Options
    There's a book my friend bought me, in the "dummies" series you know like...windows for dummies etc. this one was religion for dummies, and gave an overview of all major religions.

in RE in school we went over lots of different religions and ceremonies, so many similarities so many differences...

Depending on which strain of Christianity you listen to, Heaven is just like earth, some believe its a different place, some believe it's just like earth etc.

maybe, if you are still interested in the christian point of view you should talk to a priest from one of the strains of christianity. they should generally be supportive as well.