Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best way to play it...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met this girl about a month ago, and at the time I knew full well her and this guy was seeing each other (kinda), but I thought nothing of it as I didn't think I'd ever fancy her.

I picked her up 2 weeks ago, and instantly I thought she was amazing. We had been speaking on the phone for ages and stuff. Anyway, it went really well. We just went for a drive around her local area and got to know each other better. I ended up dropping her home and we had a cuddle. I knew I liked her.

A week later, I picked her up again and it just went perfect. It seriously was the best time I've ever had with a girl, and for that reason, I just wanna be with her. It made sex seem so dull and boring. We done the same as the first time, but we ended up walking along some seafront hugging and play fighting, which lead to kissing and it was just amazing. We sat on a bench and made out for a good 2 hours and it really was special.

I droped her home, and she was like "Aw, I don't want you to go." and after a goodbye kiss, she added "You better text me when you get in.", to which I replied "You better have texted me when I get in."

I thought that I had won her over, but when I got in, I had no text message, and although I texted her saying about how I had a great evening and stuff, I got very simple replies like "Good. Night hun."

She's really hard to talk to over MSN and the phone. It seems to only happen in person, but she lives quite a way away and I can only see her once a week.

I thought it was all perfect, but she keeps telling me that she doesn't want a boyfriend because she always gets hurt. When I told her that I like her, she said that she wish she could lock herself up 'cus she gets so much attention from the guys.

I asked if I could see her this week, and she said "I dunno, 'cus I'm meant to be seeing Sam." (that's the guy I thought she was seeing).

She said shortly after that she would cancel on him, though.

The thing is, me and Sam, aswell as her, are members on this forum about rock climbing. She had a boyfriend on there, and then after they finished, she started to "see" Sam. I think that she's nervous about seeing anyone else off there 'cus she thinks she'd look like the forum slut, although she hasn't slept with anyone off the forum...

It's really tricky, but I really wanna be with her but I can't figure her out. Sometimes I think that yeah, she really wants me, and then I think "Oh god, I'm just another guy annoying her."

When we were together, she got a text and it was off some guy that said "Miss you babe. X" and she said "Ugh!" and chucked the phone in her bag. I'd hate to think she done the same to me.

I dunno how to play it really. I don't wanna be too pushy, but I don't wanna back off enough that she thinks I'm not interested and I'm not commited.

She's a really genuine, well brought up girl.

Any ideas on how to play it?

Comments

• Options
    Oh my god! It's my ex girlfriend! :p But then she had her fun and realised she wanted 'Sam' back, but it was too late, and she was sad. Just saying from my experience, a girl playing away is never a good relationship candidate
  • Options
    It's not like that. She denies she is with him, but she has admitted to liking him. He goes on the forum boasting they are together, but she denies it.
  • Options
    It's not like that. She denies she is with him, but she has admitted to liking him. He goes on the forum boasting they are together, but she denies it.

be very careful. you are in the typical, "OMG! she will clearly pick me"-state. Don't get too worked up about it, since it'd be a long fall down.

My opinion was, take her out for a few things and make them "special" (not too much of a move on her tho). I think, her thoughts are racing and the situation is difficult for her, so - like you said - don't be pushy AT ALL.

Just kinda give her the feeling that you really care to her, that she comes to the conclusion you aren't intending to hurt her - in any way.

sounds pretty easy, it's not tho.

be careful, once again and don't expect too much.
  • Options
    Yea, I agree with StrubbleS, things really settled down and we managed to salvage a friendship when I calmed it down a bit (looking back, it's kind of embarresing, the things we do for love eh?). Basically, this consisted of just saying 'if you want to see me you can, I'm free tonight, but it's fine if you're busy because I've got other things I could do' - then she felt like neither a hindrance nor that if she didn't I'd be miserable.

I stopped worrying so much and things settled down really well actually. I think if you change your attitude a wee bit and let her think, she wont pick him just because you're not clinging all over her, in my experience she'll actually be less likely to want anything because she's fed up of boys liking her from all different angles.

You can't be 100% sure if she is with him or not, certainly tread carefully in any case.
  • Options
    Hi.

I just thought I'd post a success story. We are together. :)