Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

boot cds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why wont my PC boot from CDs. it just worked with somebody's Xp home CD. why not my first fedora iso? i burnt it right im sure. bios is set to boot from CD on all three options

Comments

• Options
    How did you burn it/any error message on boot?
  • Options
    burnt an image with nero. should i extract the files from the iso and put them on a cd?
  • Options
    No, you use Nero's burn image feature from file menu.
  • Options
    burnt an image with nero. should i extract the files from the iso and put them on a cd?

oops wrong cd. ok its installing again nicely. hope this works. what ever linux is I WANT IT.
  • Options
    Try starting a new compilation and choose the CD-ROM (boot) option rather than trying to directly burn the image. After choosing the boot cd-rom option choose image file and browse for the image.
  • Options
    Sov, do you have direct Internet access or are you on a hardwired/wireless network?
  • Options
    Hardwired. brought the laptop for wireless, but wireless on that doesn't even work well.

running fedora now, just gonna have a look around and get what i want from it. i like it so far/
  • Options
    http://www.rpmseek.com/index.html?hl=com - loads of RPM's here, has some cool software on that site.

www.winehq.com - to run some windows app on Linux.