Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i know it sounds crazy! (internet...)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    If you think it might be going somewhere (and more importantly she does too), then I’d go for it if it’s what you want.

You sound quite level headed, but watch out for the rose tinted glasses, it’s well easy to think you’re both really in awe of each other, and no-one else in real life compares, but sometimes things just aren’t the same in real life for whatever reason.
  • Options
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Bri-namite wrote:
    If you think it might be going somewhere (and more importantly she does too), then I’d go for it if it’s what you want.

You sound quite level headed, but watch out for the rose tinted glasses, it’s well easy to think you’re both really in awe of each other, and no-one else in real life compares, but sometimes things just aren’t the same in real life for whatever reason.

I agree with this.

Make sure that she feels the same way too though.

Talk on the phone, use a webcam and yes, when you feel comfortable with things and she does too, then see about meeting up.

FWIW, I know of a couple who did long distance transatlantic - she was american, he was british and after a few years of seeing what happens and visiting each other she came over to this country and they lived happily ever after. Well, you know what I mean.

Don't let the distance put you off if you really think it is worth it.

Where are you? And where is she?
  • Options
    What sort of distance is it, and how much would it cost to go and see her? If she's in Germany, say, then the distance wouldn't be as much of an issue as if she lives in, say, Australia.

being realistic, there's no point starting a relationship with someone you will hardly ever get to see. Internet relationships can and do work- mine did- but there has to be a certain level of realism.

If you think you can make a go of it then see what this internet girl thinks. Maybe she doesn't think she can make a go of it. If you both think the distance is possible, and worth it, then go for it, but don't put all your hopes on it.
  • Options
    i think you guys are right - thanks

i'll obviously have to 'talk' to her about it first, but also i think i will just go ahead with seeing how things go with said girl who is here where i live?

the distance isn't so far - it's within europe and it'd take less than 4 hours or so i think...

it just feels like such a 14 year old american (no offence) thing to be thinking about! its crazy.