Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Radionic - Am I just a narrowminded ignorrant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This might be a bit long, but I need you to go through there. Everyone who does not agree with what is written there, is politely asked to piss off and don't leave bashful comments about me, my mother, or meta-psychological something.

My mother believes in a lot of things. She did Feng Shui for a while, she makes horoscopes for almost everyone (the more sophisticated ones with actually planetary positioning, ascendents, and a load other informations), she took courses in many of those things and is always studying further in those meta-psychologial areas.

Well, sometimes I moan to my mum about my digestive system in the morning: When I wake up early in the morning, that my tummy is a bit uneasy and I will most probably have to take a dump on the way to uni already, that I have weird dreams lately (Where I am the agressor, beating up enemies, even tho I am a pretty pacifistic person), last semester I had some kind of thing that was akin to depression (I cried in front of my mother, jeez that was hard to live down). I told her about the problem with gaining wait (I posted about it in health), that I wanted to gain weight that I may comtemplate working out, etc.

So today my mother comes to me and asks if I wanted to be "besend" (I couldn't translate it better, "to receive sendings") by Mrs. Weber. I thought it was some kind of newsletter, or vitamin pills or something, because she said it would help me for uni. No, it is some kind of story about energy and stuff. She gave me a big folder and I browsed through it. My mother was actually in such a clinic or whereever Mrs. Weber operates and did such a sitting. You might google for it, it's called Radionic, and it's communication about bioinformation.

A little discontinuance to tell you about me: I am a very scientific person. I don't believe in creationism and I don't believe in god. I believe in physics, chemistry, maths and technics. I... I just don't kinda believe those thingies like my mum does and I think it upsets her (in a sad kinda way). Sometimes I have the feeling I am just ignorrant and I close my eyes, stick my fingers up my ears and yell, "LA LA LA!", because I am 'afraid' (loose usage of that word here) of something I cannot describe or explain (in the scientific sense).

So my mother was doing this sitting, it is a glasstriangle with some kind of chip/sensor in it, and in each angle there is a massive rosequartz stone. This kind of tablet is connected with a laptop and apparently my mother wasn't asked a SINGLE question, but they apparently got a shithole of information about me (in that folder), physical wise etc.

I was very doubtful and I think my mum stashed this folder away again, so I cannot see if anything is really applicable onto me. In the folder it apparently says I have low magnesium (where the heck do they know?). I said those people can no way in hell tell anything about my minerals in my blood without them seeing me/knowing me, and never had any kind of blood sample or similar of me.

Maybe I should get a haemogram to see what it's up with that, but I am very unsure. My mum got very upset before to my father (similar attitude like me, regarding to what holds the world in place), winding her up with those "withcraft" etc. (i don't think he actually said that, but you get the jist).
I think my mum is upset, because I haven't even read about it, and have already kinda shrugged that off.

I haven't even read myself into this "Radionic" thing, so I shouldn't even have an opinion. sometimes I feel like a primitve living being like in the ancient greek, when they found out about pi and the root of 2, that there are non-periodic, non-ending decimals, that they forbade to mention those two to death sentence, because their world view would collapse.

I don't know. Actually neither have I asked you a question, nor did I explain you what this Radionic thing is. Maybe read yourself a bit into it, give me opinions, tell me how you think and how you would act with a mother like that. I don't have the feeling I need help, but I never have this feeling. My mother believes in repressed traumata, or even physical injuries that result in problems etc, all in my mind.

I don't know what to think.

/edit: I have a really heated discussion with a friend of mine about that now. He is a natural-scientific man too, but he started studying theology now too... I will meet up with him, I want his opinion.
Will check this thread later. thanks in advance peeps.

Comments

• Options
    They are not really saying anything new or groundbreaking really, are they.
    Everyone knows body and mind are inter-connected and inter-dependant. Everyone knows that a weak mind can lead or represent itself in a physical illness.
    Well I think everyone knows...maybe people don't.

ESP thing - well, i am undecided about this. yes we all have energy fields, but I don't think anyone else but us can control them.

I think the whole radionics thing is another way of getting people to spend vast ammounts of money for treatment that is not a 100% certain to work. It's like religion maybe, just believing it will work, it works sort of, which again is a mind trick...

Some people are just naturally more intuitive and self knowledgeable than others and I am guessing your mother is too.
    Then again she is just like everyone else, human.

As for the low magnesium, there are physical symptoms representative of the condition such as weakness, dizzyness, intestinal problems etc....so she might have told them about how you felt and they figured out it might be a magnesium defficiency. They can't possibly know that you do have a magnesium defficiency without doing tests and if they do, it was an educated guess, nothing more.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    when they found out about pi and the root of 2, that there are non-periodic, non-ending decimals, that they forbade to mention those two to death sentence, because their world view would collapse.

Btw if you mean the ancient greeks had a death penalty for mentioning those things you'd be wrong as far as I know. Certainly Socrates was put to death for undermining religious beliefs - but I'm unaware of any scientific teachers who ever suffered similar fates.
  • Options
    001685SP.gif
  • Options
    btw

the wikipedia radionics page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radionics

and the skeptics dictionary

http://skepdic.com/radionics.html

but from my own perspective - the idea that frequencies are different in healthy or diseased organs and that by using different frequencies you can cure this sounds like bullshit, and no doubt expensive bullshit.

To be honest, if you haven't spoken to a GP yet, I'd do that first, it sounds like it could be something that you could get plenty of help with.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Btw if you mean the ancient greeks had a death penalty for mentioning those things you'd be wrong as far as I know. Certainly Socrates was put to death for undermining religious beliefs - but I'm unaware of any scientific teachers who ever suffered similar fates.

Well, my math teacher in Uni told me and he is the dean of the chemistry faculty on the technical university.

If you want to prove him wrong, go ahead, I don't know enough about that part of history.

I will leave the topic for now, because I don't know what to say myself about all that. All I know is, that the "normal" medical science agrees with parts of radionics already, and that it surely doesn't cost a lot of money/any money or my father wouldn't agree with it. They don't have any "hippie-tree-hugging-bullshit" medicines either, so it isn't some kind of "eat this root and experience eternal wisdom" for 10.000€ either.

Yea, migpilot, of course I agree with your thing with my magnesium deficiency, but accorind to my mum she wasn't askes _any_ questions, iirc.

but i don't think anyone can help me here. it's one of those questions without an answer i reckon.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    All I know is, that the "normal" medical science agrees with parts of radionics already,

Which bits does it agree with?
  • Options
    Well Archimedes of Syracuse was the Greek who first mentioned the equation of Pi in the greek world (it had been roughly claculated by the Babylonians since the 19th century BC and Ahmes in Egypt got even closer before the Greeks) - far as I know he got recognition as a scientists and royal patronage - but was certainly not killed. Maybe they were thinking of Spartan controlled cultures - but anyway, like you say it's pretty irrelevant.

But as to the main point, if your asking about your relationship with your mother it might be best to post about it in relationships, here people are going to look at radionics. And if your concern is your stomach, please consider seeing a doctor. As to normal science agreeing, you'll need to post a link suggesting some evidence for that (as per this boards rules)