Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm Such An Idiot!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So I park the car up in my mates street and we head up the local pub to start our session with a few of the lads (8pm). After a few beers one of the guys suggests we move on so we head to the station and catch a train to the next town. We check out some new place (very swanky) and we all start to get rather merry after consuming a fair amount of alcohol. It comes to closing time and we all decide to head off to a club, loads more alcohol is consumed and the dance floor is burning.(4 am)The night has come to an end and I have consumed beer, cider, tequila, jack daniels and a few smirnoff ices for good measure. When we get back what do I do? I jump into the car and drive the 5 mile journey home!

I know what you are thinking, asshole and yes you are right I am indeed an asshole! Anyway I wake up in my own house with a rather sore head in the early afternoon, I have several texts asking to interpret messages left on voicemail etc and I also find out I gave one of mates a lift home! My first thought is to go check the car, its parked perfectly in the drive! Basically I cant look myself in the eye if I'd got caught I would be facing a very heavy fine and a long ban. Not only that I could have killed myself, my mate, another driver or a general member of the public. I cant explain my actions or why it happened and I honestly dont remember much of the journey home.

I know everyone knows this but dont drink and drive, not only that just leave the car alone fullstop if you intend to drink then you wont have the temptation to just jump off home in the car!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ..your point being?
  • Options
    That having done something I would never contemplate doing whilst sober I just wanted to re-enforce something most people know is wrong but would perhaps contemplate doing!
  • Options
    Ok, thats fair enough i suppose.
    I doubt you'll win many friends here admitting you drink and drive but then i guess as long as you're not advocating it and have no plans to do it again its forgetable.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    How did you drive home if your car was in another town?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Ok, thats fair enough i suppose.
    I doubt you'll win many friends here admitting you drink and drive but then i guess as long as you're not advocating it and have no plans to do it again its forgetable.

I'm sure he will have friends here, you can't judge someone on drink driving, yes you can think he is a twat (which you are for doing something so stupid) but for all you know he could be a real decent friendly guy :) so give him chance!
  • Options
    being friendly and being silly enough to drink drive can't really be compared.
  • Options
    being friendly and being silly enough to drink drive can't really be compared.

Why not?

I'm sure you have done some stupid things in your time and wouldn't like it if people decided not to like you for that, everyone deserves a chance, one atleast anyway.
  • Options
    this post has nothing to do with making friends, hes sharing a bad experience and maybe trying to discourage people that get in similar situations.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    this post has nothing to do with making friends, hes sharing a bad experience and maybe trying to discourage people that get in similar situations.

We know, however we are discussing a comment that icey made right now.

It is clear what the purpose of the thread is and it is also common sense not to drink and drive to many, including the original poster.
  • Options
    Oh god. Glad you're okay.

When I pass The Test I'm not gonna do that don't worry.
  • Options
    well no one ever really thinks when they're sober ooh i'm gonna drink drive one day! well i'm sure of course there are people who think differently...

sometimes when you're under the influence it's easy to think you're invincible and that your reactions etc are just the same when really they're not.
  • Options
    aye, exactly. "Common sense" does not work in the same when you are under the influence.

The best thing to do is not even allow yourself acess to the car, leave the keys in at where ever your staying that night
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    How did you drive home if your car was in another town?
    I got a taxi back with my friends