Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does she like me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Generally how do you know when a girl likes you?

in a more specific example i met a girl today there was afew of us and we were talking as a group and i started talking to her about her course and other stuff music tastes etc. we maintained eye contact when we talking (apparantly thats a good sighn) and then i had to go.
i see her around bu a few things i cant decide on =

1) does she like me ?
2) should i just ask her out next tme i see her, or should i wait and find out more about her, id prefer the 2nd option but i often put my foot in my mouth if i wait to long.

any advice?

Comments

• Options
    ask her out now and find out :)

So far it seems like it is going quite well, worse case scenario she say no, but at least you won't wonder anymore...
  • Options
    I don't think eye contact is a sign, tbh. It does seem rude when talking to anyone not to make eye contact with them.

If you really want to know how she feels just ask her.
  • Options
    Ask her.

Simple as that. You won't regret it, regardless of her response. If she has never liked you, what's the point of you dreaming away?
  • Options
    when you say ask her do you mean ask if she likes me or if she will go out with me also when you ask someone out what exactly should you say?
  • Options
    Just ask her out
  • Options
    You are far too vague regarding your convo with her, I would just be friendly with her and possibly ask her to go for a drink or do something maybe a gig? Just dont be too full on!
  • Options
    also girls if a guy youve only just met asks you out are you likely to say yes even though you dont really know him?
  • Options
    yohanes13 wrote:
    also girls if a guy youve only just met asks you out are you likely to say yes even though you dont really know him?

Just say you'd like to get to know her over a cup of coffee or something if you don't know her so well.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I don't think eye contact is a sign, tbh. It does seem rude when talking to anyone not to make eye contact with them.

If you really want to know how she feels just ask her.

Depends on the eye contact tbh... There is polite eyes contact and there is interestted eyes contact...
  • Options
    Depends on the eye contact tbh... There is polite eyes contact and there is interestted eyes contact...

This is very true.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    This is very true.

Out of interest, how exactly would you define the difference?
  • Options
    yohanes13 wrote:

In my experience, no. I find a girl is far more likely to say 'yes' if you spend a few weeks getting to know her first, than just asking her out straight away.

But I don't mean hang around her 24/7. Talking to her briefly but often is much better.
  • Options
    I agree with the no vote here.. she may well fancy you a bit, but as a women, I'm telling you that being asked out by someone I had only met very briefly would creep me out, even if I did think he was hot.
    Try finding ways to spend time with her with friends, but make it obvious it's her you really like (offer her fags/offer to make her tea/etc) and if that goes okay, see if you can find a way of getting a night out with her and a few mates, it keeps the pressure off... wait until a few drinks have been consumed, and then make a play for it.. not a snog, just a matey hug, it that goes okay and she hugs back.. or starts randomly touching you.. you are pretty much set for an end of night snog. Ask her on a solo date THE NEXT DAY.
    My brother is great with women, but always acts like a gent, and he tells me this is his never fail method. Mostly it never fails becuause it gives you a chance to sus out your chances of non-rejection!