Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

biological washing powder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone get itchy when mum used to use bio in the wash?
anyone know the science behind this.

note: edit

|
|
\/

Comments

• Options
    :lol: Yeah but the doctor gave me some tablets and now I'm repulsively ugly, morbidly obsese, clumsy and have a odor problem to boot.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    :lol: Yeah but the doctor gave me some tablets and now I'm repulsively ugly, morbidly obsese, clumsy and have a odor problem to boot.

it'll be that biological washing powder ;)
  • Options
    it'll be that biological washing powder ;)

Indeed it will. They say biological washing powder attacks people who prat about with perfect posts too you know ;)
  • Options
    I don't use biological as it would make us all come out in rashes.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I don't use biological as it would make us all come out in rashes.

Me too, itchyrama.
  • Options
    i use bio and its fine with us. It depends on your skin. I always used non-bio when L was a baby.
  • Options
    It used to make my willy itch, when I was a teenager. Doesn't seem to make any difference these days... or maybe I just 'rub' it regardless... :)
  • Options
    WHat is the differencebetween non-bio and bio? I've never even thought about it before now
  • Options
    Biological (bio) washing detergents contain cleaning enzymes developed from natural sources that are very effective at removing a wide range of stains at lower temperatures. Only small amounts are needed and they are biodegradable. Non-Bios don’t contain these enzymes.

Carbon copied from another website. I wanted to appear cleverest ;).
  • Options
    Biological (bio) washing detergents contain cleaning enzymes developed from natural sources that are very effective at removing a wide range of stains at lower temperatures. Only small amounts are needed and they are biodegradable. Non-Bios don’t contain these enzymes.
    thank you kindly.
  • Options

Carbon copied from another website. I wanted to appear cleverest ;).
    Actually Bio detergents are a fair bit worse for the environment than non-bio.
    They do get stains out better though.
  • Options
    The environment thing is a trade off, because the bio ones tend to do a better job, have less detergent in them, are used at lower temperatures and get stuff cleaner. You take you pick of the higher temperature, more detergent, more washing or enzymes. But since most people don't engage brain the bio stuff is worse because they use the same amount as they would non bio, at the same temperature.