Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clear skin!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just found a product that I'm so pleased with, I thought i'd let ya's know. With me being allergic to Every soap, and every face cleanser, They make my skin break out, but this really worked... Miracle...

Tesco's Clear skin Facial wash, Costs £1.79 for a big tube.

:D

Comments

• Options
    I don't know if they do it any more, but Boots used to do a soap called Skin Kindly. It was vegetable based (most are animal fat based), no lanolin, colours, perfumes etc and that's quite good for sensitive skin.
  • Options
    I think i've tried that one or similar before, It's alright but doesn't make your skin feel clean.
  • Options
    What people often don't realise, is that when you use a cleanser, you're meant to break out. If you break out in spots, it shows it works and has actually brought all of the toxins out of your skin, thus giving you spots. Once the spots have cleared, then you have clear skin.
    Sounds to me like the cleanser you're using isn't effective enough, which is why it seems that you have 'clear skin' because it's literally washing over the surface leaving the toxins buried deep.
  • Options
    My fave at the moment is Sanex Sensitive, bit pricey but on 2 for 1 at the mo :)
  • Options
    What people often don't realise, is that when you use a cleanser, you're meant to break out. If you break out in spots, it shows it works and has actually brought all of the toxins out of your skin, thus giving you spots. Once the spots have cleared, then you have clear skin.
    Sounds to me like the cleanser you're using isn't effective enough, which is why it seems that you have 'clear skin' because it's literally washing over the surface leaving the toxins buried deep.

I know what you mean, But nothing has ever cleared my skin up like this before, and kept it clear. Clearasil(?) and other products make my skin break out, and stay that way, or get worse.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    My fave at the moment is Sanex Sensitive, bit pricey but on 2 for 1 at the mo :)

Oooh i've been using the Sanex deodorant. It's good, Quite expensive though, to the average person...

Is that a face wash?
  • Options
    Shower cream type thing. Packed to the draw strings with moisturiser and skin fairies :D
  • Options
    I like the sound of the fairies, I'll have to give it a whirl :)
  • Options
    Can't remember where i got it, but it's 2 for 1 at Sainsburys' or Boots.
  • Options

But your not meant to break out for very long, and if you've found something you can wash your face with that gives you clear skin sounds good to me!
  • Options
    But your not meant to break out for very long, and if you've found something you can wash your face with that gives you clear skin sounds good to me!

My thoughts exactly! :yes:

I would have thought If your skin is too clean, It would strip it of it's natural oils and goodness... :confused:
  • Options

Got any online resources you can point us to - to back up your claims?

I'd be interested to read them.

I don't see how using a product on your face then forces toxins to come to the surface as it were and create more break outs, but I can see how they might iritate skin and cause more breakouts.

I'd be interested if you could explain the cause and effect relationship at work in your claims?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Got any online resources you can point us to - to back up your claims?

I'd be interested to read them.

I don't see how using a product on your face then forces toxins to come to the surface as it were and create more break outs, but I can see how they might iritate skin and cause more breakouts.

I'd be interested if you could explain the cause and effect relationship at work in your claims?

Tbh, i'd've thought that it was quite obvious. The same goes for a face mask.
  • Options

Actually, she is right. That's why after having a facial your skin is repulsive for about 6 days. The products give a deep cleanse to your pores and force any crap out of them, so your skin is decongested.

I have no online resources to hand, but if you'd like to come round and have it proved to you by demostrations and books about skin, then let me know :);)
  • Options
    er, no thanks. my skin is just fine and always has been. If beauty treatments give ya spots then thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with a splash of water every now and again... But, whatever works for you ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    katralla wrote:
    er, no thanks. my skin is just fine and always has been. If beauty treatments give ya spots then thanks but no thanks, I'll stick with a splash of water every now and again... But, whatever works for you ;)

:yes:

I only ever used to have bad skin when I used soap on a regular basis.
    Same goes for my hair - I never wash my hair with anything else othe than warm water. It takes care of itself.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    katralla wrote:

exactement.
    If something breaks me out in spots, i avoid it. A spot is an infection. If your cleanser brings you out in spots, its a load of shit and irritating your skin.
  • Options
    Ha, I'm not a fan of something that breaks me out. I like my skin cleaaaar. I keep it cleaaaar with taking my makeup off every night before bed and Boots' Skin Active face wash their face pads toooo.

Oh! And Johnsons' Blackhead cleanser, too.

And moisturise with Nivea Bodycare Moisturiser on your face, and you can have a lovely complexion like moi's!

:D

ETA - My face ONLY breaks out when I am due my period. So I like to keep it clear 'til then. :p
  • Options
    katralla wrote:

The actual treatment doesn't give you spots. Using them regularly however, keeps your skin clear. Just when you first try a new product (beauty treatment or at home) you have to give it a few goes before you can judge it.

I may try Sarah's recommendation, you never know :) Sounds alright to me, but if I didn't have at least a slight alteration in my skin at first I'd say it wasn't working.