Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

GLA & Steroids

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive tried to reserch this, but cant find anything..

Was curious about taking GLA (starflower oil) tablets, whilse on steroids. Would the GLA (which balances hormones) cancel out the steroids and stop my growth from the steroids?

Comments

• Options
    Nothing to worry about. I know plenty of people who use this fat on cycle. But really if you had researched using steroids before hand, you wouldnt be asking these questions. ;)

FYI dont expect it to stop you getting acne on cycle, it wont.
  • Options
    Did you guys read that article about Steroids increasing the chance of brain damage in the paper yesterday. I can't find a link though which is frustrating!
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Nothing to worry about. I know plenty of people who use this fat on cycle. But really if you had researched using steroids before hand, you wouldnt be asking these questions. ;)

FYI dont expect it to stop you getting acne on cycle, it wont.
    ]

Yeah well the whole point of using GLA on the cycle is to completely cancel out any acne.

So ive got nothing to worry about with it effecting my growth on the cycle.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Did you guys read that article about Steroids increasing the chance of brain damage in the paper yesterday. I can't find a link though which is frustrating!
    That link has to been discussed on steroid forums, basically once again its a study done where massive amounts of steroids are used, more than the average bodybuilder uses. There's been TONS of research on the effects of supra physiological levels of testosterone on the brain. Every one says it IMPROVES cognitive function.

BRAD -

It wont cancel out. IMO b5 will help more than gla on cycle. What Im doing is hitting the sunbeds as well. But nothing will compleatly cancel out acne. As I always say, "get over yourself, acne isnt life threatening".
  • Options
    it is life threatening when it comes to women lookin at your face :(

btw the b5 tab dont work
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    it is life threatening when it comes to women lookin at your face :(

btw the b5 tab dont work
    Here we go again. :rolleyes:

If acne ruins your life DONT USE STEROIDS! Its a simple as that. Your far from ready for them anyway as you haven't even got a diet!

You made a few posts about how acne has ruined your life etc. & it turns out you had one or two spots. Those arent acne, those are spots.

And for the record considering that you had spots when you was using steroids previously, without any pct, count your stars you only one or two spots. Count your stars your still producing testosterone.

See this as a message from the steroid gods, that you are not ready to use them. FYI b5 works well on acne.

I think you should join a forum and do some research like myself and other steroid users.
  • Options
    calm down
  • Options
    I just had a look at some of your posts Brad and noted that you lost your sex drive completely at one point. I wonder if that was after your cycle without using any PCT?
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    calm down
    Its common sence. Can I ask you why you dont want to research?

Ask Izzybot, he deals with steroid users for a living, he can tell you the dangers that irresponsiable people get themself into when not researching.

Honestly, acne isnt life threatening. However not being able to produce your natty test will fuck you 10x over.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    HIT, I understand you want to make your point, but there is no need to get personal.
  • Options
    :) ^^^
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    HIT, I understand you want to make your point, but there is no need to get personal.
    Care to explain where I got personal? :confused:

Unless your referring me to making some home truths. I cant make Brad not use steroids, but I can try my hardest to talk him out of it. Everyone seems to think its as easy as just injecting them & that's it, if it was that easy then why have I been researching them for years?

Brad hasn't been training longer than a year, he hasn't got a diet in order. The majority of sane steroid users before actually using spend years of hard constant training before using them. Its a great feeling reaching goals whilst natural. And most of all we spend years researching them. Unfortunately its people like Brad that want an easy way out and use steroids straight away. He hasn't nor does he want to do research on them. I cant understand someone wanting to put potent and possibly dangerouse drugs into there body without knowing what they are?

At the end of the day, I dont want Brad using steroids because I know people just like him that regret they even looked at them. And the thing they have in common is that they didn't want to research, and it came back and bit them in the arse. Im only concerned about Brads health in the long run. I dont want to here in a few months "im firing blanks", or "cant produce test" and "I have severe abscess and scars which have lead to blood poisoning"

Im hoping Izzybot can help me out here and convince Brad that his health is too important.
  • Options
    I do see the results of people not doing their research properly. People who have lost their sex drive completely, lost most of the muscle they gained during the cycle and have Gynocomastia.
    There is a "It won't happen to me because I am young and bullet proof mentality" and they learn the hard way
    I can understand your frustration HIT but sometimes you need to be cafefull how your posts read.
  • Options
    If i do as HIT said and take the Hcg on pct then ill be okay.
  • Options
    You need to make sure your diet and training are sorted out as well. What are you planning on doing?
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    If i do as HIT said and take the Hcg on pct then ill be okay.
    HCG?

Dont do what I say wothout researching it first!

Thats the simplist thing you will need to do. All HCG will do is bring your balls back to size.

Have you joined up a forum like I said to?
  • Options
    yeah bodybuilding.com ive joined

the thing is, i go on there to find info and because im a newbie they just slate me!
  • Options
    brad18 wrote:
    yeah bodybuilding.com ive joined

the thing is, i go on there to find info and because im a newbie they just slate me!
    They slate because they can tell straight away you havnt done any research? When I first join I never and still dont have any trouble. But they detest people (as all forums do) that come on saying they are taking this and that without knowing what they are doing.

Why dont you link your posts here so I can see for myself.
  • Options
    I'd prefer not to get into cross board politics if that's ok, perhaps brad18 could PM you with them.

As for my personal comment, you seem really knowledgeable and passionate, and I can understand your frustration, but there are better ways of getting your information across than to treat someone like they are an idiot. A bit of respect goes a long way...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    but there are better ways of getting your information across than to treat someone like they are an idiot. A bit of respect goes a long way...
    You have to be an idiot to stick a potent drug into your body which alters with way things work in your body without actually knowing what it is. I am not frustrated about Brad or anyone use steroids at all, it does frustrate me though watching someone mess there themselves up in front of you because there to lazy to research and want the easy way out of things.

After all, its these people that will eventually have steroids completely made illegal and have the media criticizing them even more.

Please as I asked before, point out where I was disrespectval...
  • Options
    HIT, all I am asking is that you follow the board guidelines and not be abusive. Calling someone an idiot when they are simply uninformed, for whatever reason, doesn't encourage them to find out more. I'm not looking for an argument mate, just tone it down a bit please.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    HIT, all I am asking is that you follow the board guidelines and not be abusive. Calling someone an idiot when they are simply uninformed, for whatever reason, doesn't encourage them to find out more. I'm not looking for an argument mate, just tone it down a bit please.
    Sure thing then. :)

But for the record will anything encourage Brad to research? Unfortunately in most cases it will be too late.