Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do I do with my hair?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, my hair has been pretty much the same for about 10 years... sad but true. Its a pain, very thin, tends to go into ringlets/knots if left to its own devices, especially if theres the slightest bit of damp in the air.

Ive been wearing it straight more often recently, and just had it cut with a bit of a side thing going on. I'm thinking of getting high/low lights. What do you think? Red or honey?

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    blonde highlights i reckon.....
  • Options
    i think more reddy low-lights and some straighteners.
  • Options
    i reckon you should steer clear of highlights because they dry out the hair more and you could risk having frizz to deal with in addition to curls.
  • Options
    i think more reddy low-lights and some straighteners.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    A guy's opinion, your hair's beautiful.
  • Options
    tbh i think she could make a lot more of herself with regards to her hair.

by using straighteners i didn't just mean to straighten it, you can create waves/curls etc too.

you could also try a different shampoo??
  • Options
    you look quite pale, red could look quite striking but could make you look washed out? Depends on how red you are going to go. Make up helps! and some honey coloured highlights would work also, but its hard to tell the colour of your natural hair from that picture.

Since your hair is already a bit kinky why don't you get some mousse/scrunching stuff and go with it and wear it wavy? If you do get a colour done and you want to straighten your hair don't forget to use serum and spray on heat protection to keep it in nice condition! prevention is much easier than cure - as i've found in the past :rolleyes:
  • Options
    i think some classy, very dark blonde highlights to give it a bit of variety, and some straighteners, but yeah protect it!! cos prevention is definately easier then cure!! lol
  • Options
    Erm.I do use straightners. thats a kinda bad pic i guess cos it was damp outside so it went a bit untamed, but i wanted to show my bf... And i do scrunch it. as i said- ringlets, but they get annoying and samey after a while.
  • Options
    do you use good straighteners? and do a good job of blowdrying it? you might find it stays straighter longer that way.