Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls just want to have fun?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm nearly 22, in my 4th and final year at uni, and facing not only having to get a real job, but a real job which will more than likely take me to the middle of no-where (as in Mongolia, west africa, the arctic circle).
I have a gorgeous boyfriend (for about 15 months) who has just started a masters a long way away.

I love him. I really do. But I'm not sure its enough any more. I just want to have some fun before having proper commitments and while I still can.

Am I being unreasonable? I'm not going to rush into anything, and Ive only been feeling this way a few weeks. It's probably just a phase, but am I? We've talked about marriage and stuff, but it all seems to pointless given that I could be posted somewhere like that...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Ah, my brother ex-girlfriend did the same thing. She was in her final year of University and dumped him because he got a job hours away. You can use any reason you want to justify dumping him but is this a good cause? What "fun" is there left to be had? I know this is your last year of University and the end of part of your life but surely you must have had enough "fun" during the last 3 years? It's "jitters", the feeling that you might have missed out on something, it's likely you haven't.

I will tell you that I know my brothers ex did regret her decisions, especially when all her mates graduated and left to persue their own lifes. She went back home and didn't do all these "exciting" things she claimed to want to do, like move to London. Actually, she tried to come crawling back but by then it was far too late.
  • Options
    I love him. I really do. But I'm not sure its enough any more. I just want to have some fun before having proper commitments and while I still can.

Call me strange if you wish, but whats stopping you having fun while at the same time having a 'proper commitment'?

However, if you are going to be in different countries for months at a time then you do need to have a think about it.
  • Options
    fun seems appealing, but when you've been in a good relationship for a while you forget what its really like. personally my fun at the moment is leaving me feeling lonely and used.
  • Options
    i'm a couple of years behind you but i sometimes have similar thoughts - oh my god what i am doing i am waay to young for this, i haven't lived! and similar...but feeling like that almost led to me losing him, and that's when i realised - being in love with him is the most amazing experience i could ever have. if the prospect of losing him - and really thinking about it, not just wondering - makes you feel like something drops out of your life, don't let anything stand between you.

if not, think hard. is it worth it?