Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Female condoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys
We've just been looking through the contraception info we have on TheSite and realising it's a bit short of info about female condoms. Personally, I've never heard of anyone actually using them, but I thought I'd find out whether the whole thing's just passed me by! So, have you used them? Do you know people who do? Are they really like bin bags? Would you like to see more info about them on TheSite?
Post all here...

Cheers :thumb:
Spanner x

Comments

• Options
    When they first came out a lot of guys used then for fisting, but they had a tendency to split or disappear !! so guys went back to latex gloves. A mate tried one once, and she said there was so much faffing about she gave up with it.
  • Options
    I'll never forget when they showed them to us at school, it was one of the most hideous things I have ever seen. The faff involved seemed to be ridiculous, let alone the spoil them moment thing.

Apparently a lot of them are non latex (someone once suggested that as a solution to my latex allergy), but still not interested, never ever ever.:no:
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    When they first came out a lot of guys used then for fisting, but they had a tendency to split or disappear !! so guys went back to latex gloves. A mate tried one once, and she said there was so much faffing about she gave up with it.
    are you sure that wasn't just a schoolboy rumour? i've never heard of people using gloves for fisting either!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    are you sure that wasn't just a schoolboy rumour? i've never heard of people using gloves for fisting either!

No, coz i know guys who used femidoms for fisting and, if you partake in fisting, you should wear gloves.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    No, coz i know guys who used femidoms for fisting and, if you partake in fisting, you should wear gloves.
    oh you're talking about fisting men..?
  • Options
    Well fisting anyone. Anally or vaginally you should use protection. STD's, HIV and there's a lot of bacteria on peoples hands you wouldn't want in either. Also the tissue inside your bum/vagina is very delicate, only needs a nail or bit of hard skin to do some quite serious damage.
  • Options
    well i've never taken part in fisting because i really don't like the idea. what about fingering though? i'd never think to ask someone "could you put on some gloves please before you place your finger up there?"
  • Options
    In a safe sex world, then yeah you should use gloves, but it's not realistic is it ? Also the 'tearing' issue wouldn't be as bad, as the vagina/anus won't be being stretched at great deal with a couple of fingers or so ,so the likely hood of anything tearing would be quite small. Just make sure he washes his hands first ;) Oooo and after :D
  • Options
    ive never used a female condom - and not sure if id want to....i wudnt know what to do with it for starters lol!!
  • Options
    I know someone who did, and described it as 'having a crisp bag up her fanny' :chin:
  • Options
    Blow some up and stick them on the wall for someone's birthday party!

I'm not sure you could tbh, not sure it'd work...
  • Options
    Think this site pretty much says it all really....

http://www.alphaidaho.org/ijmjly/resources/condom_female_use.htm
  • Options
    I could see people using that and missing the damn thing and going to one side of it without even realising
  • Options
    Think this site pretty much says it all really....

http://www.alphaidaho.org/ijmjly/resources/condom_female_use.htm

Please note, picture 4 maybe how your mum looked in the 70's :D
  • Options
    One of my college mates tried one once. She likened the experience to trying to line a milk bottle with cling film.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    One of my college mates tried one once. She likened the experience to trying to line a milk bottle with cling film.

Post of the week :D
  • Options
    I dont understand the point of them really
  • Options
    I think the point of them was to give women an opportunity to have their own 'barrier method' in the fight against HIV/STI's. It's not so bad now, but society was a bit shitty towards women who carried condoms, i.e. labelling them slutty. Fortunately that attitude seems to of gone, unless i'm wrong of course, and condoms are much better really.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies and, um... insight! The fisting issue is giving us all something to think about this afternoon at TheSite towers that's for sure! It seems there's no one who's actually used them that successfully then?...
  • Options
    Not me!
  • Options
    just a question, do the yfeel different for guys, as in, if a guy REALLY didnt wanna wear a condom woul this be a viable alternative.

and on the fisting thing, i heard a guy got done for gbh for fisting whilst wearing a signet ring...so i guess the tearing thing would be an issue...maybe urban legend tho.
  • Options
    just a question, do the yfeel different for guys, as in, if a guy REALLY didnt wanna wear a condom woul this be a viable alternative.

I was just thinking the same thing, perhaps they're good with guys who droop at just the thought of a condom!