Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What the flip?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why oh why am I suddenly gertting massive blackouts when I binge drink. I used to be able to drink so much all night and still remember the whole night and not even get that drunk but now I feel like a total lightweight and just cannot remember the end of my nights!

I get told of what I've done the next day (usually an arguement with my girlfriend :crying: ) and I seriously cannot remember it, I find myself waking up and saying "Fuck!" more and more, then having to ask my mates if me and my girlfriend left the night on good or bad terms! Its rediculous!

So how come I cant handle my drinks anymore? :nervous:

Comments

• Options
    Its natures way of telling you to calm your drinking down before you do yourself some serious damage.
  • Options
    Yeah, tone it down and SLOW it down! I can drink a pretty fair amount myself, especially considering I'm not really a consistant binge drinker, but not if I'm slamming down a good portion of a fifth in 30 or 40 minutes.

When you think about it, the night is pretty much wasted when you black out like that, as even if you do stay conscious for quite a while, you're not going to have any memories to enjoy, no matter how wild the night may have been...

...not to mention do you wanna get fucking raped, man?!
  • Options
    I don't mean I physically pass out, I just dont remember a thing and could of done ANYTHING in that time I've lost. I do drink pretty fast but its never been like this before. I can't think whats changed.
  • Options
    when i go out and just drink alcohol its quite normal for me to not remember parts of my night. and its not even how much i drink, it just depends on how drunk i actually get. like i drank a couple of glasses of wine and a double vodka on an empty stomach the other week and cant remember getting home. fk knows!
  • Options
    That's a peculiar thing to ask.

"hay guys when I drink way to much, bad things happen."

since alcohol is nobody's oxygen: turn it down a few notches, mate.
    You are probably doing serious damage to you and certainly to your social environment.
  • Options
    Yeah I think I do really need to tone it down, on a normal night out I say I would drink, about 5 or 6 pints, 6 double vodka red bulls, then some silly shots, and thats only the ones I remember, probably have more along the way. This has been almost constant for the past 2 years on weekends. What kinda damage do you think this has done to my liver lol. Im 20 by the way, so I probs have a few more years of drinking hard style left in me.
  • Options
    Yeah, tone it down and SLOW it down! I can drink a pretty fair amount myself, especially considering I'm not really a consistant binge drinker, but not if I'm slamming down a good portion of a fifth in 30 or 40 minutes.

When you think about it, the night is pretty much wasted when you black out like that, as even if you do stay conscious for quite a while, you're not going to have any memories to enjoy, no matter how wild the night may have been...

...not to mention do you wanna get fucking raped, man?!
    it's not wise mentally or physically for you, Like Blagsta said it's defo your body rejecting it and try to give you a warning. It's not fun waking up not knowing who you have had a row with etc is it? So chill out and enjoy a more tyspy view a little less often and you don't fuck up relationships that way!
  • Options
    Evaporated wrote:
    about 5 or 6 pints, 6 double vodka red bulls,

Well that's about 30 units right there. You'l get away with it for a few years probably, but if you continue to drink like that for too long you'll give yourself some serious health problems. If you're already having blackouts, that's a warning sign. Slow down before you fuck yourself up.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Evaporated wrote:
    Im 20 by the way, so I probs have a few more years of drinking hard style left in me.

After what you have just told us, the question is, why would you want to? To prove that you have a greater capacity for alcohol and making a twat of yourself than all your mates? Seriously, it will be at the expense of your health. Is that really worth it?
  • Options
    If you keep going at the pace you are you are going to wake up with no memory, no girlfriend and no wallet.
  • Options
    on your first post you said you didnt even really used to get drunk, so why bother? it sounds like you still had fun watching your mates roll about on the floor...I know i do nowadays, cba with gettin blotto'd anymore, its no fun after a few years.
  • Options
    This works with most things...
    Walk away from it for a while, say 3 months. Then come back and see where you are.
  • Options
    The amount you've mentioned doesn't seem that much to me :confused: my body must be getting really fecked then :chin: hmmmm
  • Options
    The amount you've mentioned doesn't seem that much to me :confused: my body must be getting really fecked then :chin: hmmmm
    another hider!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    another hider!
    Explain??