Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

DvD Rip

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know if it's possible to only rip the sound from a DvD?

I have a DvD of a band in concert and I'd like to listen to it on my iPod/in my car...

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, I'd probably use some mic recording software, and set the mic source as "Stereo mix", then play the DVD and record the DVD into a .wav and convert to mp3.

I *know* there's an easier way though. I think it's called de-multiplexing or something, splitting the audio track away from the video track.
  • Options
    Yes there is software that can do that, Super DVD ripper can do such if I remember well... and I think the divx thingy can too... just need to rip the full cd first tho... just on top of my head, I haven't look into that in years so info is probably not up to date... but yeah it can be done for sure... anything can be done...
  • Options
    i think noog is right, its called de-muxing or something. if you rip the dvd to vobs then i think you can use virtualdub to save the audio stream to mp3/wav. i think its virtual dub that does it, deffo some software out there to do it.
  • Options
    I've done it but only by ripping the section of the film to .avi then ripping the sound out from that - rather than grabbing the sound directly from the dvd
  • Options
    yeaaaah, de-muxing.. and virtualdub. :yes:
  • Options
    Project x will de-mux for you. A lot of us PVR owners have to use it to de-mux the recorders from tv to get them onto DVD.