Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girl Press ups, Bleep tests etc

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey all,

In the next few months I'll have to go for a fitness assessment, they havent sent me details of what it will be yet but im guessing its along those lines! So does anyone know roughly what they'll ask/will be required for a fitness assessment.

Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Depends what its for i would imagine.
  • Options
    for my royal marines entrance tests i have to do 30 girls press ups in 2 mins, 60 sit ups in 2 mins, a 1.5 mile run in13mins 15secs and swimming tests

but yeah it depends what its for because the marines are quite tough
  • Options
    The MOD police, sorry I should have mentioned that.

Girl press ups mean you can have your knees on the floor dosent it?
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Girl press ups mean you can have your knees on the floor dosent it?

Yep.
  • Options
    few press ups sit ups and a run for any of them-
    once your in decent shape its not too bad, should pass it
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:
    for my royal marines entrance tests i have to do 30 girls press ups in 2 mins, 60 sit ups in 2 mins, a 1.5 mile run in13mins 15secs and swimming tests

but yeah it depends what its for because the marines are quite tough

what is it take to pass for men? Just curious...
    those female entry demands doesn't sound hard for a women who wants to join the marines.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    what is it take to pass for men? Just curious...
    those female entry demands doesn't sound hard for a women who wants to join the marines.

Not sure for the marines, but when I was going for IT/Comms it was around 7-9 minutes for a mile.
  • Options
    How many kilometres are in a mile anyone? Ive worked out how much in kilometres I can run in 15 minutes, but miles :crazyeyes:
  • Options
    1 mile = 1.609344 kilometers
    or
    1 kilometer = 0.621371192 miles

:)
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Not sure for the marines, but when I was going for IT/Comms it was around 7-9 minutes for a mile.

I guess I am misguided by military on the TV thingies then. We ran at middle school already 3 km in ~12-15mins.

hmm
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I guess I am misguided by military on the TV thingies then. We ran at middle school already 3 km in ~12-15mins.

hmm

yer, we did 2 - 2.5 miles in about 15 mins- (the faster ones), high school kids tend to be a lot more fit than adults :p
  • Options
    i dont know what the male ones are, i will find out though for you. No its not too hard, not off my limits, i can do it all but pretty much just about. i dont know what the tests are for the royal marines commandos however - but i know u have to do like a 30 mile run of something

and 1.5 miles = 2.4 km - thats the extent of my knowledge on conversion between miles and km
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:
    i dont know what the male ones are, i will find out though for you. No its not too hard, not off my limits, i can do it all but pretty much just about. i dont know what the tests are for the royal marines commandos however - but i know u have to do like a 30 mile run of something

and 1.5 miles = 2.4 km - thats the extent of my knowledge on conversion between miles and km

30 miles? phew... that's more than a marathon. That's quite a path. Hopefully not with baggage (equipment).