Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Installing Game Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Trying to install Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter [PC], insert disc, click install, install shield wizard preps to install, then i get an error message, ive included a screen cap of that. So i've followed the error message and i just keep getting that error message.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Where's the screen cap? ;)
  • Options
    Where's the screen cap? ;)

added now ;)
  • Options
    Hm.
    You said you followed the suggestions. In the ctrl+alt+del dialog, did you try to go to "Processes" and shut any of them with your username except "explorer", "systray" and "rundll" (if it's there)?
    Besides that, I'd go to MS's site and search for what that error code means.
  • Options
    a google search found me this , however install shield cannot be corrupt or broken as ive already been using it to install numerous other programs and its totally fine .. i even tried updating it and there are no updates its the latest version!

grr
  • Options
    I assume you tried the things that link says and they didn't work?
    Can you try installing something else, just to make sure IS isn't broken?
    I don't really know what to tell you, just offering ideas...
  • Options
    I managed to get it sorted out. It was a case of deleting one of the folders from within Installshield. It's just odd because installshield worked with other apps i installed around the same time so why didnt it affect those also ? .. Hmm whatever.. at least i can install my new purchase :D
  • Options
    Nice, have fun. :thumb: