Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Present for not-actually-but-sort-of-mother-in-law

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been with my gf for over 2 years now and her mum always buys me a present for my birthday. Its her birthday today and i err..forgot. :blush:
So situation is, i need to get a present of some sort that doesnt need to be bought in a shop.

I've thought about getting an e-gift-voucher from an online store of some sort and i've also thought of suggesting my & my gf go halves in paying for a meal for her at the weekend maybe.

Both of these seem pretty informal and last minute though so any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    bunch of flowers tbh.
  • Options
    bunch of flowers tbh.

Bang on. Nip down the supermarket and get a nice big bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates. My boyfriends mum nearly wet herself with happiness when I got her some flowers this year and I'd already got her a joint present from both me and my boyf.
  • Options
    forgot to mention i wont see her tonight..will that make a difference?
  • Options
    So long as you keep the flowers in a bit of water (or nip down tomorrow or when you'll see her) then no. :)
  • Options
    sorry had to laugh at the not-quite-but-sort-of mother-in law.... i know exactly what you mean

i've bought living plants before, they make a lasting impression...i hope...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    forgot to mention i wont see her tonight..will that make a difference?
    have the flowers delivered
  • Options
    Flowers and chocolate, or a bottle of wine.

Don't worry about it being on the day if you won't see her, deliver them next time you are there.
  • Options
    yeah it would.
    I get so surprised at howmuch attention people pay to presents for people actually. especially even non-related people.
    Do you not realise theyre probably not even expecting anything from you? You get them some flowers from sainsburies and theyll be over the moon.
  • Options
    That would be more of a valentines-day-thing-to-do
    wait 'til feb to do that then!
  • Options
    I always just make a donation to whatever Mr. Kaff's buying her, then he can get something a bit nicer than he could afford to get on his own, and the card is signed from both of us.

Easy.
  • Options
    flowers. :yes:
  • Options
    I did chocolate once and the rest of the times did Kaffrin's idea, though every holiday I contemplate a mail bomb...