Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Motorola SLVR red

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to pop into the orange shop soon and see if they can tell me, cos i'm having huge problems trying to find out myself. after googling, which only semi helped, i thought i'd come to you guys and your expertise.

First problem, nobody can find me on bluetooth. i have it turned on, but can't transfer files or anything. Anybody give me a clue?

Next thing is transferring files from my PC to my Phone. First problem is that I can't actually see the phone when i connect it to the PC. what's the deal with that?! it comes up with the "new hardware found" but doesn't let me see it through My Computer.

Any ideas?

Ta!

Comments

• Options
    No advice on fixng the actual problems but I had a Motorola once and god never again. Too many faults and you go round in circles a lot that really shouldnt be needed!
    Next time change the brand! Nokia clearly are the easiest with less faults I've personally found!
  • Options
    i'm pretty annoyed cos orange as a company fooked me around, and this was the only phone on upgrade. however i still have a pretty good contract with them! so i kinda stuck on it. and the phone seems okay generally.

another question, on eighteen month contracts when can you get your phone upgraded? after eighteen months or twelve or whenever?
  • Options
    I'm going to pop into the orange shop soon and see if they can tell me, cos i'm having huge problems trying to find out myself. after googling, which only semi helped, i thought i'd come to you guys and your expertise.

First problem, nobody can find me on bluetooth. i have it turned on, but can't transfer files or anything. Anybody give me a clue?

Next thing is transferring files from my PC to my Phone. First problem is that I can't actually see the phone when i connect it to the PC. what's the deal with that?! it comes up with the "new hardware found" but doesn't let me see it through My Computer.

Any ideas?

Ta!

My Uncle got the L6, nice thin phone but the menu system and what you can do with it when connected to a PC is rubbish - which is a shame really cos it's one of the few phones to come with a proper USB port built into it.

Just got myself a Nokia 6111 and bluetooth to PC works well on it in terms of connecting to the PC - not sure how well it's gonna cope connecting to other phones though
  • Options
    i had an L7, but mostly the same. i brought the usb cable, but could only transfer files between my PC and the optional SD memory card which i brought. there seemed to be no room on the phone's or sim memory to transfer. you HAD to have the SD card, which are so cheap nowadays anyway. hope that helps. i loved that phone, nice camera, bit slow tho.
  • Options
    Dunno. some contracts allow free upgrade after 9 months, some not til 18. It also depends on what phone you want to up to. Check http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/paymonthly/upgrade

go to register your account online and then you can check what deals are available to you at what cost...

Orange have always been sweet with me, been a loyal customer since 1999! Also, agree with t'others above- Nokia's rule! Go with the Nokia! Nokia for the win! The orange customer service people can talk you through functions on your phone, so why don't you give them a call regarding your bluetooth issue too...
  • Options

Don't know about all the rest, but when you're bluetooth is turned on and people are trying to find you (assumedly for the first time) have you pressed the little "Find Me" thing, that makes you discoverable for like a minute?

It may sound really patronising and basic, but it took me and my mate 2 whole weeks to realise (and even then we were told how to do it.) But we're dizzy, the both of us. :blush:
  • Options
    Have even been trying the "find me" thing but to no luck...well when i get two minutes i'll go and bug them. ta :)