Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rainy Day Nostalgia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well it's a flipping awful day here. Cold, raining, grey just :yuck:

Been done a few times, but no recently, so why not again. Things you don't see anymore or stuff from your childhood you really miss.

Me:-

Pink panther chocolate, haunted house ice lollies, board game called Ghost Train (that no one ever remembers!), going to the shops with about 4p and coming out with a handful of sweets :D

Comments

• Options
    the last bit of your sentence :P

on the plus side i quite like the rain :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    The rain hasn't hit Sheffield. Yet.

It is supposed to later though. Which is naff as I want to take my new camera outside to play :grump:
  • Options
    Take rainy day photos :)

It's raining really hard here, and it's very windy as well. Oh well, I'm inside procrastinating about my packing, so nice and warm :D
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Take rainy day photos :)

It's raining really hard here, and it's very windy as well. Oh well, I'm inside procrastinating about my packing, so nice and warm :D
    But then my camera will get wet :(

The rain has now started here. Rubbish.
  • Options
    fuzzy felt wow! my grandma had ballet and bible story
  • Options
    But then my camera will get wet :(

The rain has now started here. Rubbish.
    Take them out of your window with the zoom lense, that will keep it (and you :p) nice and dry!
  • Options
    It's dead sunny here. Haha.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    fuzzy felt wow! my grandma had ballet and bible story

Oooo i had a fuzzy felt farm :)
  • Options
    this rain is wicked because I will sleep lovely when i go back to bed in a minute!!
    Bring on the thunder!
  • Options
    We had a lovely thunderstorm on friday here in lincoln

I was so cozy indoors, looking at it from the window :)
  • Options
    I get nostalgiac quite a lot. Not really for items but for periods in my childhood and certain things remind me of those times. Strange.
  • Options
    I loved making toys, like a doll's house out of a shoe cupboard or using the fire guard as a shop counter!
    whne it wasnt raining i remember i used to pinch the putty out of some new windows everyday until he used some brown glue stuff. gutted when he changed it!

gosh Ialso once painted a girls eye lids with nailpolish! at that age I had no idea it would burn her! her dad brought her round, really angry and it was my grandad looking after me at the time. Bless him he didnt have a clue what to do and tried to wipe it off with the dish cloth. I never saw her again, hope i didnt do permanent damage!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    gosh Ialso once painted a girls eye lids with nailpolish! at that age I had no idea it would burn her! her dad brought her round, really angry and it was my grandad looking after me at the time. Bless him he didnt have a clue what to do and tried to wipe it off with the dish cloth. I never saw her again, hope i didnt do permanent damage!

That has fucking made me laugh :D:D:D:D:D

ETA: Just remembered whem i was a kid, i stuck bubble gum in some kids hair, right on the top. Him and his fuming mum came round to see my mum and, as mum was a hairdresser at the time, she just shave a round bit in his head with some clippers so he l;ooked like a mini monk :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    That has fucking made me laugh :D:D:D:D:D

ETA: Just remembered whem i was a kid, i stuck bubble gum in some kids hair, right on the top. Him and his fuming mum came round to see my mum and, as mum was a hairdresser at the time, she just shave a round bit in his head with some clippers so he l;ooked like a mini monk :)
    haha! you meanie!
    I always cut my own hair, usually just before school photos! I thought people cuttheir fringe off instead of growing it out so i cut it to stumps once! what a loony!
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    I thought people cuttheir fringe off instead of growing it out so i cut it to stumps once! what a loony!

Unlucky, you twonk. Got a photo you care to share? lol

And RS: that ain't funny. I remember being about 7 when a boy cut the end of my plaited pony tail off for shits and giggles. I cried and cried and cried. It was only a tiny amount but I'd never had my hair cut and my psycho mom had always said "your hair is your beauty" over and over, so I worried that I wa sthen instnatly ugly (not that that's possible, of course)

i am a little pissed and feeling sorry for myself...
  • Options
    Blame me mum, she had the clippers :D