Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help! How to get rid of seriously dodgy tan lines??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i know we all get it... go on holiday , sunbathe in the bikini and then come back with a nice golden tan and those tell tale little lines, and of course a big white ass and boobs( unless you go topless).. i know everyone gets that, and to be honest i quite like the little comparison at the end of the day..

however, BEFORE i went on holiday i was out in the garden in a racer back vest and bra and got seriously burnt- bright red and painful on my exposed shoulders and then white on my concealed back of course.. the red faded and turned a nice brown but now i have the worst tan because half of my back is brown and then you can see the outline of a bra strap and vest!! it looks horrendous and stupid..:(

the thing is that happened in may- ive tried everything since- fake tanning inside the white bits, st tropez spray tan, st tropez spray tan inside the white bits, sun beds to even it out, major sunbathing in ibiza- i thought the pale skin would catch up but it hasnt:no: ive tried everthing and the tan wont fade, nor will be pale vest-outlined skin darken!

please help!

Comments

• Options
    i reckon the only thing you can do is nothing. Wait for it to fade..
  • Options
    yeah i think just wait, dont think there is anything u can do...
  • Options
    :( even though its been 6 months??
    is there such thing as permanent skin damage?
  • Options
    :( even though its been 6 months??
    is there such thing as permanent skin damage?

no. well, yeah there are things like permanent skin damage, but you probably don't have any. you'd recognize.

Summer is over anyhow and I doubt anyone except your partner will see those cheesy stripes on certain parts of your body.

calm down, until next sun season the tan will fade again.
  • Options
    exfoliate lots?