Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why is this happening?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I just opened The Site with my browser and clicked on 'Community' then 'join in discussions' (opening a new window) and it asked me to log in, even though a while back I clicked a box saying 'Remeber Me'. Now, when I did it a different way (not opening a new window) I was already logged in.:confused:

Why?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    You must of cleared your cookies, that will then forget any passwords and login names from your browser
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Are you sure you're not logged on automatically on vbulletin.thesite.org? The link on the communities takes you to vbulletin.thesite.org.uk, and they work individually. I dunno why.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    smitherz wrote:
    You must of cleared your cookies, that will then forget any passwords and login names from your browser

I've never done that.:confused:

JsT - I am logged in automatically.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The same thing happened to me. It has to be connected to the redesign somehow.

EDIT: And not only this, I just had to click on a board's name and everything was marked as read!

EDIT 2: Aha! http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=106074
  • Options
    when you go the community page click on the 'go' button under where it says 'The Social'. It opens in the same window, like it did before the new shiny homepage. you shouldnt have to log in if you've clicked 'rememmber me'. :)
  • Options
    when you go the community page click on the 'go' button under where it says 'The Social'. It opens in the same window, like it did before the new shiny homepage. you shouldnt have to log in if you've clicked 'rememmber me'. :)

just realised i used your question to answer it.

duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh...