Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nice: Stool colour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know, minging subject but thought I'd ask.

For the last week when I been goin to the loo my stools have been like yellow!! :shocking:. I went to see my GP today and because I still have a fatty liver the first thing he wanted to do was take another liver function test.

It's kinda strange because it's a sudden on set and I have not changed my diet, although I have been taking Iron tablets but that would of made the stools dark?

I know the colour can be many things, and I do not have any type of symptoms and I'm not a yellow colour at all and urine is ver much light through out the day apart from in the morning. Must say though I have been feeling a little sick of late so it maybe some kind of bacteria infection.

Anyone had any experiance of funny stool colours.

Comments

• Options
    sorry i can't really help but why are they called stools?

is it 'cause we sit on them? (in a roundabout way!).
  • Options
    Click to see more had a big black shit not so long ago...
    :lol:

sorry i have no idea felix.. have you googled it? maybe just wait for the test results.
  • Options
    yeah i had all sorts, usually after a kebab.
    tandoori chicken makes it red, doner makes it green, greasy pizza = kinda yellowy.

Kinda related, anyone ever have piss that smells like sugar puffs?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    :lol:

sorry i have no idea felix.. have you googled it? maybe just wait for the test results.

I never Google stuff like that because you end up thinking you have 101 diseases :lol:
  • Options
    Kinda related, anyone ever have piss that smells like sugar puffs?
    no but i think thats a sign of diabetes
  • Options
    I've has that sugar puff stink, not got diabetes though.
  • Options
    Seems like my liver function test have come back as normal at last, they were abnormal for over a year. Still gotta get another LFT done when I go see the consultant up the hosie next month, hopefully they stay down.
  • Options
    bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and similar.. all make your poo go yellow. Been eating a lot of those lately? Also, excess carb intake can make you feel sick. and all of the above food are carbs.