Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Attack of the flying aphid eaters?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the window to my dorm room is becoming COVERED by ladybugs... should I be worried?

This is starting to remind me of that movie The Birds....

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Have a can of deoderant and a lighter ready incase they attack and suck your blood.

I think you should be safe though. Cool that you still have them in the states, they've long left here.
  • Options
    We have a daddy long legs invasion over here.
  • Options
    :yes:

Fucking things ;(.
  • Options

there not daddy long legs they are crayfly ! sorry had this drummed into my head the other night at the pub by some random stranger ! lol daddy long legs is a dangerous spider or something jus thought i'd share what i learnt this week lol oh and did you know they only live for 72 hours! another piece of pub quiz knowledge ! lol
  • Options
    K.N.S wrote:
    they are crayfly

Cranefly
  • Options
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Have a can of deoderant and a lighter ready incase they attack and suck your blood.

I think you should be safe though. Cool that you still have them in the states, they've long left here.

:eek2: What kind of deordant do you have over there... the "can of deordant" freaked me out enough, but its also flamable? Freaky stuff... no wonder why theres a stereotype of stinky foriegners, they have flamable deordant in a can, I wouldn't wear it either. :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :eek2: What kind of deordant do you have over there... the "can of deordant" freaked me out enough, but its also flamable? Freaky stuff... no wonder why theres a stereotype of stinky foriegners, they have flamable deordant in a can, I wouldn't wear it either. :p

Go on. Get a can of any aerosol (hairspray, deoderant, etc) and hold al ighter to the spray. (KEEP HAND AWAY. BE CAREFUL.) Bet it's flamable.
  • Options
    But you see, I've never heard of deordant in a can or spray form, or flamible deordant. Its quite disturbing :( Hairspray, yes, but not deordant. I wouldn't want anything flamable or anything that sprays out of a can getting near my pits :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    But you see, I've never heard of deordant in a can or spray form, or flamible deordant. Its quite disturbing :( Hairspray, yes, but not deordant. I wouldn't want anything flamable or anything that sprays out of a can getting near my pits :p
    AXE body spray for example, it burns when you hold a lighter in front of the spray.
  • Options
    Oh, I getcha. I guess its my crappy understanding of language :pI really should start reading a dictionary, my word of the day email is faling me I use deordant and anti-persperant interchangably, even though if you stick it under your pits it whill hopefully always be anti-persperant. While I would consider axe to be a) hurl in a can or b) body spray/cologne

Thank you very much. I understand now :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

I noticed when I was in America I could hardly find girls deodarant in spray cans! Mainly just in roll ons, I suppose its better for the environment.

ooh, and apparently Daddy Long Legs are a really poisonous kind of spider but they dont have any teeth so they can't bite you. Something like that. I learned that fact of the kids on summer camp :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    ooh, and apparently Daddy Long Legs are a really poisonous kind of spider but they dont have any teeth so they can't bite you. Something like that. I learned that fact of the kids on summer camp :p
    I think I remember reading that was a myth.
  • Options
    I think I remember reading that was a myth.

It aiss... they have a poisonous, reall poisionus, sting, but the can't use ot so they are basically harmless.

No teeth involved my friend!:thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I really should start reading a dictionary, my word of the day email is faling me

is that doctor dictionary's word of the day? i got those too