Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

will the condom fit?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i understand the flexibility of condoms but do they fit over penises with little girth? won't they slip of continuosly during sex? i'd really love to know....

Comments

• Options
    I'd suggest having a 'posh wank' before hand to try it out for size. Moreover, presuming you are planning to have sex for the first time with your gf, I would suggest not using a condom.
    You could always use a rubber band to hold it on ;)
  • Options
    presuming you are planning to have sex for the first time with your gf, I would suggest not using a condom.
    may i ask why you would suggest that? :confused:
  • Options
    Just cause I didnt my first time, and I've used johnny's since and they suck lol.
    I'm not advocating sex with no protection, just a different kind of contraception.
    If it's the first time for both, the risk of STIs is minimal.

But like i said, i am making presumptions...or assumptions, not sure which
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    i understand the flexibility of condoms but do they fit over penises with little girth? won't they slip of continuosly during sex? i'd really love to know....

Hi there,
    The great thing about condoms is they come in many different shapes and sizes, so it's worth shopping around to find something that will suit you and your partner. This article explains a lot about condoms including a section on sizes (about half way down) I hope it helps :)
  • Options
    Just cause I didnt my first time, and I've used johnny's since and they suck lol.
    I'm not advocating sex with no protection, just a different kind of contraception.

Agreed if the bint is on the pill and both clean. :p
  • Options
    Harmless wrote:
    the bint

just a touch offensive? Maybe that's just me.
  • Options
    yeah bint is pretty offensive, makes me think of old women. could just be a dialect thing though
  • Options
    ah right, well AFAIK a bint is the wife or daughter of an arab- so when used as a general insulting word, it IS pretty offensive YA CRACKER!
  • Options

The risk of pregnancy though...

Either way, it is never good advice to give and always good practice to use a condom, not what what you percieve the risks to be.

Worth remembering that you cannot be certain how many other people your partner has had sex with, or even if they are a virgin what other risk factors apply.
  • Options
    The risk of pregnancy though...

I was going to say the same.

IMO it's best to use them to start with until you both get comfy with the idea of not using them, espeically for the girl, for me i was petrified of not using them for the fear of becoming pregnant, despite being on the pill. Just remember it's better to be safe than sorry.