Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Complete loss of sex drive?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Think I've lost my sex drive completely.

I finally stopped sleeping with my ex in Febuary/March time. She fucked me about a lot, and even when we finished and I moved miles and miles away we still sort of did it if I was up at the weekend. That ended about March time.

With her, I learned a hell of a lot sexually, like before I'd always have liked the other girl to take control (my ex before that really got off on it) but she sort of taught me stuff and stuff that she liked and I took control sometimes and it really clicked and it was fantastic.

But since that whole relationship stopped, I've totally gone backwards. She was a total bitch about things, and she knocked my confidence and stuff, like I was maybe a bit more wary about showing affection incase things went tits up again.

I think it's mega affected my sex drive too, I don't know if it's because I'm scared of being with somebody who I don't click with in bed, but I just hjaven't felt horny for weeks. The last couple of times have been bad, not because it's anything wrong with the people in question, but because of the shit that's going round in my head that I won't be good enough, and I get too tense and stuff, and it ends just being a poke.

Any ideas how to get it back? I know when I'm confident and ready then I'm fine, it's just I seem to be stuck in a bit of a loop?

Comments

• Options
    Hey mate, i kinda had the same problem as you. I think the reason why u think you've lost your sex drive is because there's so much shit going around in your head, and your constantly thinking about other things so much that you can't actually enjoy doing different things with different people.

I had the same problem, read my posts from a couple weeks back, slept with 2 people since my ex, and on both occasions it didnt really go all that well, i couldn't get sexually arrowsed, and it also went floppy! how embarasing.

It's just a break, let yourself get over these things and within time ur sex drive will be back before you know it!
  • Options
    fuck I wished my sex drive would vanish sometimes. Have some of mine!
  • Options
    It's probably a good thing for now. In a couple years time it may be a problem.
  • Options
    are u on the pill?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    are u on the pill?
    why would he be?
  • Options
    why would he be?
    haha omg i thought he was a girl and a lesbian

my apologies haha :lol:
  • Options
    whoops! lol
  • Options
    A lack of confidence, stress and feeling unhappy all kills the libido stone dead. It's quite normal to lose sex drive if you're unhappy, and this girl sounds like she was bad news.

Your libido will come back, but try not to put so much pressure on yourself. You're not less of a man if you don't want sex just now, it's normal and its part of life. I've had times when I haven't wanted it at all because of stress and depression, it happens, and it came back.

Don't worry, as you say, when you meet someone you want to have sex with it will come back.