Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going Out On The Pull?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been going out on the piss since i was about 16. Since then, ive never had a problem with pulling girls, or being inconfident. I would go out usually on a Friday night, or Saturday night, and get pretty darn drunk! After about a year, i got to know alot of people who go out to the same clubs/pubs on the same nights, and thats where i started to get to know some of the "Proper Lads" (Drug Dealers) if u know what i mean.

When i was about 17, instead of getting pissed, i would usually turn to pils, and the first time i tried them, i loved it and it really boosted my confidence, i then started getting into the habbit of doing them everyweek! This really gave me a boost for pulling.

However, i dont do them anymore, and when i go out, i stick to the drink. For some reason i dont enjoy drink as much as i used to. Is this because of the drugs, because the drugs have proven to me that there actually is something better than drink to boost your confidence about dancing/pulling when out?

When i go out and just drink now, i dont know why but i just cant enjoy it! And i cant find the confidence within myself to have a dance or pull, i just shy away when i get "the look".

Anyone else had this? What can i do about it? I dont wanna have to turn back to pils to have a good night!

Comments

• Options
    Read book called the game, If anything it's a funny read but has few (very few) but good ways/tips of getting girls attention. It wont make you a player (that's a good thing) but might give you bit of backbone with the girls.

I do shit in clubs but then I don't go out to pull. Go into club with the mindset of not giving a shit about pulling/dancing. Drink your beer and go with the flow!
  • Options
    ok ill look out for that book
  • Options
    Harmless wrote:
    Read book called the game, If anything it's a funny read but has few (very few) but good ways/tips of getting girls attention. It wont make you a player (that's a good thing) but might give you bit of backbone with the girls.

I do shit in clubs but then I don't go out to pull. Go into club with the mindset of not giving a shit about pulling/dancing. Drink your beer and go with the flow!

Thats it. I find if you go out with the intention of pulling you'll just try too hard and end up looking like a cock. So just go have a laugh with your mates and just take things as they come.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Thats it. I find if you go out with the intention of pulling you'll just try too hard and end up looking like a cock. So just go have a laugh with your mates and just take things as they come.

Sound advice.

Ive never gone out looking, you'll 'pull' someone when you least expect it. Once i just went to meet friends from a uni society at a society run night at a club on my own. I ended up with a girl in my bed overnight! (For the 1st time :o )
  • Options
    I suggest 15mg of arsenic washed down with any kind of liquid.
  • Options
    no drugs
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I suggest 15mg of arsenic washed down with any kind of liquid.

:lol:

Going "on the pull" is pointless and usually fruitless unless you're stunningly and conventionally (for that particular place, anyhow) handsome and/or content to come away with pretty much anything so long as you've pulled.

The usual cliches that have been spouted are unfortunately true. Go out, have fun and concentrate on having a good night... those are qualities far more attractive to any girl who might be watching than a man who is sniffing around every possible female for signs of interest.

As for being almost shy without pills; well that tells you everything you need to know about whether you should start taking them again right now. As in, you should NOT. It's a really annoying line that people always feed you, but you honestly do need to learn to have fun without excessive drinking OR drug taking; and if you're unable to have a laugh and a good night with your mates without the aid of either or both then maybe you need to look at how enjoyable you actually find the clubs you go to, the music they play, the people you're there with etc etc! Don't get me wrong, I know pills can make the clubbing experience; but I've always been a "take 'em or leave 'em" kind of girl (good when you can't get your mitts on them, too) and the potential is there for a great night whether I'm pilled/liquored up or not... because I love the clubs (well, club, really in the last couple of years) I go to and the people that go there. If you see what I mean. There is definitely a big difference between pills and alcohol, and if you got your needed confidence when you moved on from just drinking to taking pills as well/instead then it's understandable that you'd feel some kind of defecit. If you do feel like you want to start taking them again then feel free, but don't do it just to gain this confidence you feel you need... even if you do, it'll only be false confidence and that'll only get you so far. Though of course that depends whether this "pulling" you're worried about is with the intention of one night stands or actual potential relationships... it would probably work just fine for the former, as long as you can get it up (I'm just kidding, I know you're only a young'un ;))

Just one last thing; I salute you if you've been able to pull while on pills. It was usually, without a doubt, just about the last thing on my mind. But that's the spirit :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Just one last thing; I salute you if you've been able to pull while on pills. It was usually, without a doubt, just about the last thing on my mind. But that's the spirit :thumb:
    yeh me too. its very rare that i want to pull when i'm on pills, i usually just want to dance!
  • Options
    i think youll have more success if you dont go out to be on the pull, girls can usually tell if a lads come out to get one over, if they think youve just gone for a drink but then seen her an though wow gotta talk to her then more likely to get somewhere
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Once i just went to meet friends from a uni society at a society run night at a club on my own. I ended up with a girl in my bed overnight! (For the 1st time :o )

That's almost exactly how I met my blokey, 5 and a half years ago, right down to him ending up in my bed at the end of the night :blush:

I went to the uni Labour Club AGM/social on my own, not knowing anyone, ending up chatting and sitting next to the Communications Officer (he was obviously very good at communicating :lol: ) at the restaurant after, he persuaded me to go on to a club with them, and the rest is history...