Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Morning Glory

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend recently asked me why boys and men get hard ons in the morning, I couldn't honestly answer why, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    usualy cos they need a wee
  • Options
    You're kidding, boys get a stiffy because the need to do a toilet?
  • Options
    It's because of the dreams about Anna Friel and a vat of chocolate.

We tend to need a wee because we have a stiffy.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    You're kidding, boys get a stiffy because the need to do a toilet?
    yep, they get a stiffy cos they need to do a toilet, they really fancy the toilet that much they wanna do it!
  • Options
    boys will shag anything
  • Options
    Isn't it because of the hormones that peak around that time in the morning or something?
  • Options
    I'm sure some boys are actually horny, aren't they? Not that I know anything like that.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Isn't it because of the hormones that peak around that time in the morning or something?

Yeah, thats what I heard it is.
  • Options
    I don't know... a stiffy, when you need to wee sounds coutner-productive. Either you wait until it's gone, or you make the so called "superman" (lie belly down onto the toilet, so that your johnny goes downward).

I never did that! I just read it, really. It's usually gone in a few mins anyway.

I roll around in bed a lot, maybe it's because of penis-matress friction?

dunno...
    I'm sure some boys are actually horny, aren't they? Not that I know anything like that.

I don't know how you are horny after a drunken night out, when the sun wakes you with a headache, you dreamt shit and you realize you need to go to work. Stiffy is still there like the rooster going Kickeree-kee.
  • Options
  • Options
    A valve closes off the bladder from the urinary tract when a fella gets a stiffy, so he shouldn't be able to piss when in such a state (it wouldn't be very pleasant if he needed to go during the deed with a ladyperson) and allows the vans deferens to connect instead, so all that lovely cum can pass.

yeah, that's right. After cumming nobody can piss, but just erection does not stop you from pissing.

Hell, my first puberty stiffy pissing experiences were messy, I know it's possible, but I don't do it after I did it once.
  • Options
    For some reason i thought it was something to do with high oxygen levels that get to the penis whilst you are asleep :confused:
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    StrubbleS wrote:
    yeah, that's right. After cumming nobody can piss, but just erection does not stop you from pissing.

Hell, my first puberty stiffy pissing experiences were messy, I know it's possible, but I don't do it after I did it once.

I can piss after i cum and when got morning glory :eek2:

Must be different with some people, altho having a piss with a stiffy is a bit of a challenge
  • Options
    I had always thought it was because morning is when most men's testosterone levels are highest; though I've also read that it's to do with REM, can't remember the specifics of that theory!

I don't think there's one definitive answer, to be honest.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    I can piss after i cum and when got morning glory :eek2:

Must be different with some people, altho having a piss with a stiffy is a bit of a challenge

You cum, run to the toilet and be able to piss? I am speaking RIGHT AFTER.
    after a minute or so I can get the first squirts out myself.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    You cum, run to the toilet and be able to piss? I am speaking RIGHT AFTER.
    after a minute or so I can get the first squirts out myself.

I assumed you meant after a couple minutes or so. Hmmmm its like when you need a piss if you having a shag or what not, the feeling of cumming over powers the feeling of wanting a piss so i guess you cant right after.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    I assumed you meant after a couple minutes or so. Hmmmm its like when you need a piss if you having a shag or what not, the feeling of cumming over powers the feeling of wanting a piss so i guess you cant right after.

well, when you are giddy so you postpone the pissing after intercourse I can totally tell you what's happening.

you go to the toilet, press.... nothing.... press press press *sound of blood vessel exploding in your head* one drop... after a min it gets a bit more until everthing goes normal again. It's natural, that when you cum, the sphincter around the bladder is shut, so there isn't going to come pee out when you come (since you don't do the "hold pee back" thing when coming and having a full bladder)
  • Options
    Theres a few reasons why you wake up with an eric.

One could be that you need to urinate, another is because testosterone is a high in the morning.
  • Options
    I've had less than 10 horny dreams in my life,

Bloody hell, I've had more than that and I wouldn't say I have them frequently :blush:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I rarely wake up with one... Is that normal? :chin:
    Or maybe I don't notice it because I'm used to it?
  • Options
    Maybe it's like booting up a computer, checking all systems are OK. Coughing to start up the lungs and trachea, rubbing the eyes to start up the visual system, farting and burping to test out the digestive tract, and getting a boner to double check the cock's in working order and ready for action.

hahahahha
  • Options

Men can hold a pee in longer than women because the body makes you get harder so you can hold it in longer.
    not true! women have the muscles to keep it in, once it gets too far for a guy, it's too late, theyhave nothing to hold itback. I can hold a wee in til it goes away and don't need it for ages.
  • Options
    My boy is always hard in the morning, but I not allowed to play coz he needs to wee.
  • Options
    My boy is always hard in the morning, but I not allowed to play coz he needs to wee.

So why dont you tell him to move his ass and have a leak.
  • Options
    He does go pee pee. Just if I start playing while he's half asleep, he moves my hand away coz its uncomfy. And so i say, "go pee then!"
  • Options
    ... so that their partner can wake em up with a blow job.