Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anti-aging

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats a good age to start using anti aging/line moisturizers and gentle at home microdermabrasion regimine and/or other anti aging things?

Comments

• Options
    I dont think you can start too young to be honest, although i`d say early 20`s is a good time to start!
  • Options
    Good point. ANybody know a good youthfull body moisturizer? Theres a million and one for face but I can't think of anything specific for body.
  • Options
    Never is a good time - there's no such thing as anti-ageing. We all age, it's a natural god given process.

You can however, slow down the sign of ageing from your teens onwards.
  • Options
    Yes, but "anti-aging" is a quick simple way that everybody understands to type out the gest of it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe if you started running faster and faster until you were faster than light, and thus going bacwards in time, you'd go younger? :p
    [/stupid and useless post]
  • Options
    I've moisturised every night since I was 13. When I turn 21 I intend to start using anti aging creams at night instead.
  • Options
    oh i just feel lazy now...i can never be bothered to do that. But i am 17 i will do when i get older lol
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    I've moisturised every night since I was 13. When I turn 21 I intend to start using anti aging creams at night instead.

Good idea. I've been using moisturizer every day for as long as I can remember too, my skin gets tight and itchy if I don't, but its just the plain olay stuff, spf added to it being its most exotic thing :p Olay do a grand range of anti aging moisturizers, right? My bottle is almost done, I'll check into that.

Thanks hun :thumb:
  • Options
    fuck, I am in my 20s and I wish I had a pro-aging stuff, I look like a 17 year old swedish.

I wish I was a girl, with all those 'problems'.
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:

I've heard that If you use moisturiser/anti ageing creams from a young age, that it makes your skin more saggy and more wrinkly.

So therefore I am going to grow old gracefully, Not that such a thing exists anymore :chin:
  • Options
    Exercise has the best effect on anti-aging, so do some of that regularly!
  • Options
    olays regenerist range is really good actually since you already like that range. Its a lot more pricey than the normal stuff though obviously.
  • Options
    Maybe I could get the geneirc version :p My mom and her mom have great skin but I also see them with shelves of creams and moisturizers so I dont know if it good genes or half a bank account in products. Thanks for the tip, SCC :D

I also keep seeing this infomercial for the most delicious shower scrubbers and stuff, and oneo f the heads it comes with is a microdermabrasion one. I want it so bad. (Oh god, I'm wanting infomercial stuff :\ but it has a sponge that spins and a massager too and if you buy now you get the pummace stone for your feet attachment oooooooo)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    On a serious not: "Anti-aging" stuff before you even hit 20 (not to mention 30)? Dear God! I won't be surprised at all if this stuff is what eventually causes all the wrinkes.