Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Flesh-coloured underwear

Hypothetical question: if you had a kind of see-through very pale peachy coloured top with teeny black detailing on it, what kind of undergarment would you wear with it? My boyfriend said a black bra to pick out the black in it :lol: which I KNOW is the wrong answer, bless him for trying.

So I was thinking out of sheer laziness maybe just a realllly pale peachy-pink camisole/vest thingy or bra, or maybe even venturing into the terrifying realm of fleshtoned bras, where I have never managed in all my years to find any tone remotely matching my flesh. So where is good for this kind of thing? I looked in M&S (of course!) and I may as well have been wearing a red lacy bra for all the subtlety that afforded, and then in John Lewis where they all seemed to be padded like bloody mattresses.

I seem to be in here with undies questions constantly, but except in special circumstances I tend to stick to 5 packs of gym-style knickers :p Help!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fleshcolored ones :thumb:

I don't know what the big bad deal of them is though. They keep you from lookking trashy and they aren't bad looking at all. They can be just as cute and sexy as any other, just a different color.

They don't have to match your flesh perfectly. Just the general tone of them is good enough. They work perfectly for white, thin and translucent tops.

I have several flesh colored bras as I wear alot of white. And none of them are ugly. (not to float my own boat there ;))
  • Options
    At uni, I always did a double take whenever I saw a member of the horseriding club in their flesh coloured skintight leggings. Looked like they'd forgotten to get fully dressed in the morning.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Fleshcolored ones :thumb:

I don't know what the big bad deal of them is though. They keep you from lookking trashy and they aren't bad looking at all. They can be just as cute and sexy as any other, just a different color.

They don't have to match your flesh perfectly. Just the general tone of them is good enough. They work perfectly for white, thin and translucent tops.

I have several flesh colored bras as I wear alot of white. And none of them are ugly. (not to float my own boat there ;))

Are you on comission? :p

Yeah I don't know why I don't have one, though I am an underwear skinflint so I suppose I've never needed one before and therefore never wanted to splash the cash.

I don't think they look bad, myself, but they do have those "granny's undies" connotation don't they... same with grey knickers with the elastic gone. Hee, sexy! :naughty:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Are you on comission? :p

:

I havn't told you which ones to go out and get now though :p (only cuz they don't have that brand there ;))
  • Options
    id say a fleshtoned camisole as you said. Get one with secret support or something or im pretty sure if you want a bra, m&s non wired Tshirt bra comes in fleshtone too, because you do realise you shouldnt be wearing any underwiring now Bridget my dear!
  • Options
    I don't think you should wear any underwear at all.

*grin*
  • Options
    flesh coloured undies are fine, what look really naff and tacky are see thru bra straps, yuck!

Yes girls, they may be "see through" but we can still see them!
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    flesh coloured undies are fine, what look really naff and tacky are see thru bra straps, yuck!

Yeah!
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:

:thumb: I agree 100%

I just bought 2 new flesh colored ones on Saturday (can never have enough of them tbh, just incase you hate laundry ;))

Random info that I"m sure interested all.

http://www.lilyoffrance.com/styles/padded.asp See page 2 with the "true match" They are so awsome. It has something very similar to the memory foam stuff. Its just completly totally utterly awsome.