Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what defines a 'slag'??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok im wondering about this and would like all opinions.
i am recently of a different mind regarding women and sex. it has only just recently irritated me how much blokes can get away with shagging anything and everything while getting a pat on the back off his mates down the pub, and any girls keep it completely on the downlow for fear of being branded a 'slag', just for shagging the odd bloke or two.

i seem to have entered a new 'horny' state lately, and would LOVE to just have casual sex with the random beautiful strangers i meet but if that got out into my social circuit i would be deemed an out-and-out slag.
to me, it seems stupid that now we're out of the playground and therefore free from the cliques of 'smokers', 'geeks' and 'sluts' that it SHOULDNT be a hot topic just because someone gave so-and-so a blowjob in the toilets or whatever. in college, work and uni there are so many people just all shagging eachother- not a relationship or even an affair. Just sex. a Shag's a Shag.
im young and would like to have fun- not a shitty drawn out complicated relationship with someone. i think the 16-25 band is the age to do this really.

so surely its normal to just have sex with all the gorgeous sexy people you meet, purely for YOUR own enjoyment, while youre young and have the opportunity? But then if this is true, then what defines a slag? If you just keep it quiet and obviously use protection and make sure theres no feelings hurt( tho this is no-strings-attatched sex here) then what is the problem with the taboo of women and how often they have sex?

any thoughts welcome please.

Comments

• Options
    If you're happy and safe, who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If you're happy and safe, who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks?
    :yes:
  • Options
    The term will be different for different people. To my great-grandmother, a slag would have been someone who dated without a chaperone. To my more liberal friends, the term doesn't exist since they no longer count.

A lot of people, particularly younger people will focus on numbers, that's just how the way it is. I make no apologies about my sex life if someone wants details, but if they want to label me, that's their problem and judgement, not mine, there are far better things to worry about and get on with.

When I started university, I didn't really have much interest in having a relationship, so I slept around a bit. I enjoyed myself, was safe, and both myself and the men I slept with consented. To this day, I still have no regrets, nor do I see why I should.

If you're going to sleep around, enjoy it, there's no reason why you shouldn't. Be safe, best not to do it when you're off your face on booze etc, and be wary about going back to someone else's place if you don't feel comfortable, I always bought someone back to mine, and you have to weigh up those risks and benefits. And so what if other people talk? None of their business.
  • Options
    Me 4.

I think you're right, girls get called slags, but I don't see why and have a very similar attitude to yours. Why not have fun ?
  • Options
    "Slag" noun

1. A term used by men who can't get girls, to refer to girls who choose to sleep with someone other than themselves.

2. A term used by women to refer to girls who get more attention from the opposite sex than themselves.

3. A by-product of iron-ore mining.
  • Options

:D
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    :D
    Yeah, if I ever refer to "the slag heap" in my town, I'm not on about the local comprehensive school. I'd just like to make that absolutely clear.
  • Options
    A slag is someone who sleeps with anyone.

Except the person using the expression ;)
  • Options
    A slag is someone who sleeps with anyone.

Except the person using the expression ;)
    Haha so true.
  • Options
    "Slag" noun

1. A term used by men who can't get girls, to refer to girls who choose to sleep with someone other than themselves.

2. A term used by women to refer to girls who get more attention from the opposite sex than themselves.

gotta agree....

and lmao of a 3.
    But I dont think anyones a slag, as long as you use protection and feel happy about it why should it bother you.
    I think we have come a long way from, wait till your married, sex is advertised everywhere. You only live once, have fun i say.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi ya, you might find our article stud vs slag interesting in relation to this topic. :)
  • Options
    A slag is someone who sleeps around. Whether or not you think being one is derogatory or not, is a different matter.
    But like said above, who gives a flying fuck? Men that feel inferior and women that are jealous. Though I can understand thinking someone who has nicked your fella is a slag! But then so is he!
  • Options
    ^ totally agree, especially if they have kids thats just so wrong
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hi ya, you might find our article stud vs slag interesting in relation to this topic. :)

yeah cheers helen, helpful as ever;)

that article just confirms my thoughts- we're in a generation now where men DONT have the upper hand in everything and shouldnt been seen in the best light while women are seen in the worst just because of the number of people they've slept with.
    and like most people have said why shouldnt i have fun?!:shocking: