Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How hard could hair cutting be?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need a trim. I had it layered and the longer ends are making me look like I'm sporting a mullet. I just need the ends trimed up. Just even all the way around. How hard could that be? I don't feel like spending $30 on it and I've been to the $10 places :\ ... they make me wonder how hard it could be actually :p Anyways, would you trust another person with sissors and your hair? I wear it in a ponytail ever single day anyways...

Comments

• Options
    I've cut my mum's hair before, I do my boyfriend's all the time now, and even had a go at my own, and all worked out well. The only reason I don't cut my own all the time is because of the back of the head trickiness. I might not be winning any hairdressing awards, but it looks grand.

So if I knew me, I would trust me to cut my hair. I'd also trust my artistic, perfectionist friends to do it. It's just about taking your time and being sure that everything's even.
  • Options
    I had a go at doing my mates hair for him once. Albeit it was a bit of a hilarious screaming for a good hour and half but it turned out OK! No one knew anything was wrong with it at any point anyway :) I trim the back of the boyfriends for him too, but thats because him trying to do it went badly wrong last time, not because I want to.

Depends how adventurous you want to be really. I'd trust my mate to do it for me. She's studying hairdressing, but hasn't actually learnt to cut yet, but just the experience of watching others is good enough for me (if it saves me £33!)