Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Memory

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently I've been so ditsy it's unvbelievable, I don't know why, and was wondering if anyone may know, but my memory is crap, and things keep on slipping my mind, I'm taking that EyeQ stuff, which is meant to be good for memory as well as sight or something, but I feel worse.

Sorry, it's just driving me mad.

Comments

• Options
    Think I've found out what it is, apparantely depression can have an effect on memory.

Cheers anyway.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Think I've found out what it is, apparantely depression can have an effect on memory.

Cheers anyway.

:yes:

Stress also, and iirc from your other posts you're not feeling overly chuffed with life at the mo?

Something that helps me (I'd honestly forget my head if it weren't attached to me) is writing everything down. I've got a massive year planner at work, and I write absolutely everything on it. Even stuff I think I'll remember (cause I won't). That, and mobile phone reminders. Couldn't live without either.
  • Options
    Yup my mobile is a god send for me as my memory is shite.
  • Options
    I use Post-It notes (computer version) on my PC, their a must!!

There are freebie types called Stick-Its or Sticky Notes or something.
  • Options
    yep my long term memory is pretty piss poor and i have a fair idea why, all the days seem to blend together and if you ask me what i did last week tuesday i'd be like :confused: .......memory's a funny thing though, i can remember all my friends phone numbers, and have a bit of a photographic memory so my short term recall is pretty damn good.......stress and lack of sleep can definitely make it worse, i've never been really depressed so i dunno bout that one.....
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    I use Post-It notes (computer version) on my PC, their a must!!

There are freebie types called Stick-Its or Sticky Notes or something.

:yes: Mobile phone reminders are a good idea as are email ones. (You can set up reminders on email programs as well I think)

I sometimes use the email ones, but the last time I used that reminder, I still managed to foget that reminder.:blush:
  • Options
    Ok, thankyou, I do write some things down, but I think I need to write more down!