Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

span emails with strange titles like "stiffen remeniscent"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I never used to get spam to my yahoo account. But lately I've been getting really odd ones, with no links in but just strange rambling stories.

eg: the latest one goes like this:
Also there isthe daily paper, history in the raw. Can we not find somewhere written up in letters of fire or gold,This is right.
Weve had quite a lot of clever people here-Something cracked in the cellar.
Here then on the table beforeus are photographs.
But here again another difficulty confronts us. The bishopsthemselves are at loggerheads.
You, who have readPendennis, will remember how the mysterious letters A. He held out his hand and Reeder crossed the room to take it. The emotion is too positive to suffer patientanalysis. In one corner was a small flight of bricksteps leading to a locked steel door, and then:Mr. But that presumably is a methodthat having tried you have rejected.
Strong swimmer as he was, he knew that in the hours ahead itwould be impossible to keep afloat.
Let us see then whether when we look at the samephotographs we feel the same things. All this cameout of Arthurs Education Fund.
Let the Lord ChiefJustice of England interpret it for us:Englishmen are proud of England.
We can supplementit by looking at the picture of the lives of others.
Ihad hoped that it would answer itself, or that other people wouldanswer it for me.
Though wesee the same world, we see it through different eyes.
It may be that they weredeficient in charm, in wit, in rank, or in clothing.
But war as the result of human nature is anotherthing. And to this your sisters, as MaryKingsley indicates, made their contribution.
It may be that they weredeficient in charm, in wit, in rank, or in clothing.
Suffer dishonourand disgrace, but never resort to arms.
The emotion is too positive to suffer patientanalysis.
Let usextract a few sentences from a biography.
A blind clerk was necessary if the identity of de Silvowith the Brachers was to be kept a secret.
Thus you see how pureChristianity will not fit in with pure patriotism. Ever since the thirteenth centuryEnglish families have been paying money into that account. He put her gently aside and held his palms to the door. The door of the private house was thrown open. There are Burkes and Hares in every branch of society and in everyperiod of history.
Let us see then whether when we look at the samephotographs we feel the same things.

anyone else getting these???? what do they mean?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You'll find some may contain attachements or hyperlinks to take you to dodgy sites.

Some can be a 'tester' of your account. They hope you reply to their rubbish so they can send you more.

Delete and don't reply.
  • Options
    They don't seem to contain any links or attachments.

I don't ever reply was just wondering what the point of them is and who writes that crap!
  • Options
    Cant you like just click "Junk" or "Spam"
  • Options
    I get this shit too. It's rubbish. They don't even have any links or pictures, just a load of meaningless crap. I really don't understand what makes people send that stuff out. I mean at least the other spam directs you somewhere.
  • Options
    Interestingly, notice that these emails never include any links which would apparently make them pointless (if they're trying to direct you to some site). There is something suggestion that these emails are crafted to detrain spam filters!