Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

std

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey guys just after some advice, i recently found out i had chlamydia bit of a shock i had no idea! and the clinic said i needed to tell my partner as we wernt always careful. the thing is we never really had a serious relationship even though i wanted it he never bothered to call or get in touch so it was more a casual thing. i havnt heard from him in over a month - im guessing he aint interested!! i really dont know how to tell him about the std any one got any advice? cheers

Comments

• Options
    Give the clinic his number and get them to do it for you.

Or text/msn.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    loopylou wrote:
    hey guys just after some advice, i recently found out i had chlamydia bit of a shock i had no idea! and the clinic said i needed to tell my partner as we wernt always careful. the thing is we never really had a serious relationship even though i wanted it he never bothered to call or get in touch so it was more a casual thing. i havnt heard from him in over a month - im guessing he aint interested!! i really dont know how to tell him about the std any one got any advice? cheers

Hi there loopylou, there's a true story on the Sky website: http://www.reachforthesky.co.uk/ about a young woman who was in a very similar situation to you. Unfortunately I can't link from specific articles as they don't have hard-coded urls - but if you look in the 'Sorted' section there is a 'sex' tab and you'll easily find the story there.

For now, here is what she said about telling her ex-partner:
    I have to admit, I was worried about telling my ex. I sent him a very factual email explaining the circumstances and how he should go to his local GUM clinic or doctor (GP) for testing and treatment. He replied and said he was really sorry and upset. He asked me for more information then went to his doctor who referred him to a GUM clinic where he was treated.

Obviously we can't know how your guy will react, but the above doesn't sound like a bad idea. Take care ;)
  • Options
    You need to ge tthe message to him somehow, or more women could end up like you...