Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Diagnosis...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been really tired for about 3 weeks now. I have no energy, I'm completely lethargic. I used to be quite a determined person and when I had something to do, I did it. I just feel like I don't care, which I do. I just don't have the energy.

Is there something wrong? I was going to make an appointment to see my GP but he's pretty straight laced and I think he might laugh or dismiss me because I've even got myself thinking I'm just being silly but I'm scared.

Comments

• Options
    Any stress? Anxiety? Any other things? Do you have any family history of thyroid problems? Night sweats or anything?
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    I've been really tired for about 3 weeks now. I have no energy, I'm completely lethargic. I used to be quite a determined person and when I had something to do, I did it. I just feel like I don't care, which I do. I just don't have the energy.

Is there something wrong? I was going to make an appointment to see my GP but he's pretty straight laced and I think he might laugh or dismiss me because I've even got myself thinking I'm just being silly but I'm scared.
    There could be plenty of factors. If your worried go for a blood test. Have you been having late nights or anything?
  • Options
    Have you been eating properly?
  • Options
    Also forgot to ask, have you been feeling really thirsty?
  • Options
    Could be lots of things. Go see your doctor.
  • Options
    Agree. Get yourself to the GP. Don't worry about your GP laughing at you, I doubt it (unless he's a total cock).

Being tired all the time is a symptom of loads and loads of things, and even if it turn out to be nothing, it's worth a quick chat with him.
  • Options
    I must admit, what with the holidays i have been staying up later but I always catch up on my sleep.

My gran had an underactive thyroid I think :chin:
  • Options
    Could just be the change of routine, or could be an underactive thyroid (though it's much less common in men)... or it could be a million and one other things.

Go to your doctors and ask for a full blood count to be done :)
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Is there something wrong?

possibly, maybe... who knows. Do you think that there is something wrong? I'd say that you must otherwise you wouldn't have aske dthe question. You know better than anyone else how you usually feel, and by all accounts this isn't normal for you and that's what really matters.
    I was going to make an appointment to see my GP but he's pretty straight laced and I think he might laugh or dismiss me because I've even got myself thinking I'm just being silly but I'm scared.

Have you ever heard of a doctor laughing in a patient's face?
  • Options
    Have you ever heard of a doctor laughing in a patient's face?

I certainly haven't. I've known of one to say 'it's a waste of time me keeping telling you to come back because there's nothing wrong with you' though.
  • Options
    Could be anaemia, especially if your diet is low in iron or you have heavy periods. Best to see your GP or practice nurse to get checked out
  • Options
    A sign of anemia also is if your tongue looks like its shrunken.
  • Options
    jane_lane wrote:
    Could be anaemia, especially if your diet is low in iron or you have heavy periods. Best to see your GP or practice nurse to get checked out
    I don't think I've ever had a period :chin: . I'll need to speak to the doctor about that!

:razz:
  • Options
    Lol! Sorry about that - dunno why I thought you were a girl?!
  • Options
    ...murder :p

sorry i couldn't resist!

(i'm so sad and bored!)