Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where do you get your components from?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As the title suggests where do you find it best to get you computer parts from? i.e. Which online place or local shop.

Comments

• Options
    Mainly ebuyer.co.uk
  • Options
    theres a decent shop not far from me http://www.scan.co.uk

otherwise i'd use Dabs.
  • Options
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I shop mainly in:

www.overclockers.co.uk
    www.ebuyer.co.uk
    www.novatech.co.uk

Those 3 sites seem to offer the best deals and rarely go else where. I rate Ebyer the best as they are pretty good with returning products and have a good customer service
  • Options
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Makoto wrote:
    Mainly ebuyer.co.uk

Word.

Its the best!
  • Options
    Another Ebuyer customer here.

Though I did snap up my internal zip drive on Ebay for a bargain price, :thumb:
  • Options
    my friend has offered to buy me all my computer bits thru his company :D. That means he gets the VAT back, and then has < profits so < corporation tax. And I pay him the cash in hand. Genius! Everybody wins except the inland revenue.
  • Options
    I buy all my parts from a local computer shop, this one is of a rare breed - the type that actually care about their customers, know the product that they're selling, and sell it at a decent price. A very rare find indeed, considering that most of the computer shops around here remind me of dodgy used car dealers, complete with the funny salesman smile :P They're an excellent shop...i've had nothing but good experiences with them. :)
  • Options
    I tend to stay local, though I don't buy much these days. If I need lots of stuff then I'll take a trip to Coventry or Nottingham for Eclipse or Web Systems. Though my mate has just started his own business, so I could probably get the same prices through him as I would if I travelled.