Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Play instruments? What new stuff do you know?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was never that great with a piano, only ever made stuff up to fit into a track etc. Any way, I've just properly learned to play John Lennon - Imagine & Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger.

Check it :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I play trombone in the Uni's swing band. We play loads of stuff from Glenn Miller through to James Brown and Lady Marmalade. I dont have any recordings of us but I can try if anyone wants one.

Currently on the look out for a jazz pianist. So if your near Lougborough and you can play piano...

If the Mods will allow this heres our website:
    www.tuxedo-swing.com
  • Options
    just bought a crybaby wah pedal, so i've been looking at learning Voodoo Child today
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    Any way, I've just properly learned to play John Lennon - Imagine & Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger.
    Wow I'm surprised you were able to make such a huge leap. :p
  • Options
    well i have been writing my own stuff since around 97/98, you get a natural feel for music, besides, it wasnt like it took me a few hours to learn it!!

btw, anyone heard that guy play the geetar on you tube, its nothing short of :eek2: - sony were sposed to be wanting to sign him up.
  • Options
    ...which guy?
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:

There's another guy on the same page who can do it so he can't be all that amazing.
  • Options
    Ah yes Jerry C I believe he calls himself. That Canon thing is pretty good but not a patch on Dragonforce.

I can now play Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Hallowed Be Thy Name by the clearly awesome Iron Maiden in full on guitar (except the solos - I prefer to do my own than learn other peoples'). I feel pretty good.
  • Options
    I used to sing when i was at secondary. Nothing special, mostly show tunes. I might dabble if something comes up in uni. I wouldn't say I'm great because my range isn't very high but I have trained my voice before so daresay I could do it again if something came up.
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    I can now play Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Hallowed Be Thy Name by the clearly awesome Iron Maiden in full on guitar (except the solos - I prefer to do my own than learn other peoples'). I feel pretty good.

Ah yes.. Good fun songs to play, those. Phantom Of The Opera from their first album is another fun one I learned recently.
    I play some pretty mean Around The World (RHCPs) on me bass too, its not so hard really, but soo fun to play. :cool: