Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

orange factory settings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know the default code to reset orange phones to their factory settings? i cant find it anywhere.

yes i know this should be in net & tech but im in quite a hurry and know it will get read here!

Comments

• Options
    icey wrote:
    does anyone know the default code to reset orange phones to their factory settings? i cant find it anywhere.

yes i know this should be in net & tech but im in quite a hurry and know it will get read here!
    I think, & its only think, its 1234.
  • Options
    I have just spent about 15mins looking on the orange website for an answer for you but it wasn't there.
    Perhaps ask them or look in your manual :p
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    call 150, and ask. But not sure what time the lines close.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I have just spent about 15mins looking on the orange website for an answer for you but it wasn't there.
    Perhaps ask them or look in your manual :p
    I can safely say it is NOT in the manual.

I just checked mine ;p.
  • Options
    lines are usually open quite late i believe, but i doubt this late :p
  • Options
    Didnt solve the problem in the end but nevermind, its been sidestepped.
    Basically i bought a phone off ebay to sell on. my mate did all the selling for me to someone he works with.
    The phone comes and the seller had not bothered to delete anything from the phone so everything was still there - contacts, photos, messages, the lot!
    Anyway my mate had advertised the phone as new (which it looks) so obviously if he received it full of someone elses stuff he would know it wasnt.
    The factory reset never happened as i couldnt find the code out (its not 1234, 12345, 1111, 0000, 11111, or 00000) so i just had to go through the phone thoroughly and make sure to delete every trace of its previous owner.

Bit of a shit seller really, not only did the phone come with the problem above but it did not come with the correct data cable (sent me one for a different phone) and had the hands free kit missing which it was listed as having.
  • Options
    Complain matey!

Say you bought one and it cost you £20 so you want a refund :D