Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

silkymitt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone tried them?

Do they work?

Comments

• Options
    Yes and yes, but you can still feel stubble if you run your hand up your leg afterwards - maybe how it would feel a day after shaving. Also, sometimes they made my legs hurt in an itchy-rash kind of way. Always use a plain moisturiser afterwards.

Worth a try - I think they're about 99p for three from Boots.
  • Options
    cheers!

so, im guessing it doesnt pull the hairs out with their roots?

Does regrowth last longer than with shaving?
  • Options
    It seems to pretty much sandpaper the hairs away, I actually thought it hurt :(

The only way I've actually found them useful is when I've shaved and then used them to sandblast the teeny bits I didn't reach with the razor, and then moisturised (yes, with a PLAIN moisturiser). I don't think the regrowth was any slower, I don't expect it would have been.
  • Options
    Oh no, it's like fine sandpaper! Just rub it anti clockwise over your skin, with light pressure.

Regrowth wise, I think it's about the same as shaving but I've heard with regular use it slows down growth so it's not so thick or fast. Have to admit, I prefer the really smooth feeling of just shaven legs so I didn't persevere (sp?) with the Silkymitts for a particularly long time.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1023381&classificationid=1039098
  • Options
    ahh...ive got the wrong end of the stick with them then, i thought they somehow grabbed the hair and pulled it out along with the root.

Back to noisy epilating for me then! thanks for the responses
  • Options
    i didn't think they worked! i'm gona try again... is it just leg hair or can i use it on my bikini line?
  • Options
    lipsy, I've never seen a bikini line one. Last time I was in Superdrug they only ones for legs (which possibly says it does arms, too, if you're inclined to sandpaper off your arm hair) and ones for facial hair :eek2:

But I wouldn't be surprised if they'd brought one out since, though! :)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i didn't think they worked! i'm gona try again... is it just leg hair or can i use it on my bikini line?

Ouch! I tried it once and it hurt so much :( Not at the time, but by the time you've got dressed and are out in town shopping the itching sets in and really isn't pleasant!
  • Options
    I've used them before but they left me which a rash but no hair so they definitely remove the hair hehe.
  • Options
    silkymitzz for face

have anyone used silky mit on face
  • Options
    javeria wrote:
    have anyone used silky mit on face
    I wouldn't advise it. Skin is thin and sensiive on the face. I once used something like it on my face before I had a party and when the sun was coming up everyone was staring a me until someone asked if I had fell over! I had scabs all down my nose from where I had rubbed it!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    well i tried it on my legs again and it didn't work. i think its because i've shaved my hair for so many years.