Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bike frame size

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi can someone help me please. Currently selling (well trying) Chris's bike however we don't know the frame size and someone has asked.
How do you measure it? Please talk in dunce terms as i know NOTHING about bikes.
You can see the pic of it here if it helps you describe it.

Comments

• Options
    I've been helping my Dad look for a bike recently, and I THINK it's the measurement from the bottom of the wheel to the handlebars. But that is just a hazarded guess from my dad's useless ramblings.

ETA: I can imagine being told off about that now heh, it really is a guess!! Or is it maybe from one end of the bike to the other? (though I don't know why it would be) :)
  • Options
    Lol you know as much as me then :p
    The guy told me how to measure it but he was talking a foreign language as far as i am concerned :lol: .
    He told me different to what you said though lol.
    Well i have told him what i did and he seems happy with it hehe.
    Just would be nice to know really if anyone does know.
  • Options
    Frame size is measured from the center of the bottom Bracket (where the pedals go through the frame) to the top of the seat tube (where the seat post leaves the tube)
  • Options
    Firefly-86 wrote:
    Frame size is measured from the center of the bottom Bracket (where the pedals go through the frame) to the top of the seat tube (where the seat post leaves the tube)
    Fact.

Bottom of wheel to handle bars!? WTF has that got to do with the frame? :lol:
  • Options
    Firefly-86 wrote:

Ha I might tell my dad that, he's been rambling about height of handlebars :)

ETA: Fiend, I dont know! I'm quoting my dim father! I couldnt tell you much about bikes, I can barely ride my own :)
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    You can see the pic of it here

Your grass needs cutting :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Your grass needs cutting :)

Lol i know, Thats the mans job and my nagging isn't working.
  • Options
    Firefly-86 wrote:

I think thats what i did.
  • Options
    Reserve not met :p
  • Options
    hehe
  • Options
    Its the measurement from the ground to the top bar of the frame

Well the bidders have told me its from the middle of the bit where the pedals are to the top of the frame where the seat goes in.
    Which would make it about right at 18".
  • Options
    Its the measurement from the ground to the top bar of the frame
    No it's not.
  • Options
    Firefly-86 wrote:

:yes:

18" sounds about right.

It's a pity Mr Kaff's not here, frame size is one of his pet rant topics - mainly that people tend to ride a frame size way too big for them. Not that it's at all relevant in this case though!