Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

UCAS - Urgent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Wrong forum etc but given enrollment is on monday this is pretty urgent. I'll move it when i get the answer i need, or if i get no answer (UCAS website isn't shedding too much light), but i know some people here work(ed) in Uni admissions departments but might not frequent student forum.

I applied at 6 unis at the start of the year, and was accepted on 3 courses conditionally. I chose 2 courses at Salford as my insurance and firm, but didn't meet the conditions, but they didn't update my UCAS. Assumed i wasn't going to be able to go, left it pretty late but got back in contact with them a week or so ago and they asked me to send them their results as they didn't have them on their system. Anyway, i sent them in and they've updated my UCAS today - my insurance choice has been changed to unconditional, but when clicking on it it still has the conditions i didn't meet. The other has been left unchanged.

Does anybody have a clue what this means? Its too late to ring them now.

Thanks a million for any help :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I would say it means you've been accepted.
  • Options
    I have no idea, as just looking at that gave me a headache, but I would ring someone - anyone - at 9am tomorrow morning and don't give up til someone explains :D
  • Options
    You've been accepted and have the place if its says you're unconditional. Sometimes even if you didn't meet the conditions you can still be accepted, which sounds like whats happened. I'd ring them tomorrow though to confirm that you want the place now they've made you unconditional and find out when to go and enrol etc. Thats what its like at my uni (I'm an admissions person!), I shouldn't think it'll be that different.
  • Options
    You've been accepted, well that's certainly what happens when people usually get accepted. Lots of uni's will take you even if you miss your grades. Ring Salford in the morning and check, but I'd start looking into everything else you need now.