Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Loving 2 people..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering really...do you think its possible to be in love with two people at the same time? Personally..i do, just wanted to see what others thought!

Gucci {x}

Comments

• Options
    There are many people that do love two or more people at once, hence affairs, polyamorous relationships and biggamy. Now if you are asking would i personally love more than one person, then thats a whole other question. I think as a human being i have the capacity to love so much more than i do right now. This was one my fears though as i became involved with a girl and my relationship with my fiance became more open to new possibilities. At the time the girl asked what i'd do if i fell in love either with her or another woman down the line. I said i didn't want to think about that. At the moment i love my fiance more than anyone in the world, what i had with this girl was just lust. It didn't work out in the end though and she hurt me pretty bad, at the end of it though there was my fiance, my loving, accepting fiance. Maybe i could love a woman at some point, but whatever happens my fiance is my primary love.
  • Options
    Gucci2 wrote:
    Just wondering really...do you think its possible to be in love with two people at the same time? Personally..i do, just wanted to see what others thought!

Gucci {x}

I think at most you love one, and be infatuated with the other one.
  • Options
    Anything's possible. It depends on how you're talking, really, on what my view would be. If you actually mean polyamory then I see no problem as these people have made the (usually) informed decision that they have the capacity to love more than one person. It's none of my damn business, anyhow, of course. If you're talking more along the lines of being in an exclusive relationship and then falling in love with someone else while still being "in love" with the original partner... well I guess that happens a lot, and it's the reason for a lot of break ups, broken hearts and also affairs. But in that kind of situation I think I'd have some niggling doubts about whether the person in question was truly still in love with the first person. The lines are often so blurred between like, lust, love and in love that it's a tough one.

Personally speaking, when I fall in love I tend to go completely arse over tit for the person - so I can't imagine I'd ever have the headspace to even entertain being in love with more than one person at one time. I doubt I could be in any relationship involving more than two people, to be honest. My epitaph will probably read "does not share easily, does not play well with others" ;)
  • Options
    Some interesting responses! I primarily asked because i'm kinda in the situation..and have been for so long I don't even know how I feel any more, alot of people say you can't love two people because you're going to hurt one of them, and you dont hurt someone you love etc etc. But i dont know. I'm with somebody who I have been with for a while..and although i'm still with him..deep down it feels like I really should be with this other person but being with the person i'm with now is just the easier option and I can't imagine being without him! Ohh my so confusing and crap =(
  • Options
    Thats my problem lol, there is not a moment when i actually dont think about this other person, even when im with my boyfriend, which isnt fair i know, but then again i always think about him 2! so im screwed...maybe i need a deep dark hole!
  • Options
    I hope not because it's been going on for over a god damn year now and i am not enjoying it in the slightest lol..