Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Knees and elbows

I wasn't entirely sure if this was a Health (it's problem a mental health problem, to be honest) or S&A topic, so I made a judgement call.

Anyway, does anyone else really hate their knees? I admit that I'm a bit of a lazy bastard when it comes to moisturising etc as it's so time-consuming and boring unless you can persuade someone else to grease you up. BUT I do pay attention to the parts that get driest like elbows and knees, most days. However I always still feel like they look a bit... dirty and dry, or something. Then I see those bitches on the shaving adverts and want nice knees like theirs, it really gets me down (it doesn't really, I'm not that much of a twat :p ). It has to be said that most gals I see out and about also have horrible knees, so maybe I am just a harsh judge of knee skin... people I have asked don't seem to understand what the problem is!

So yes, share the secrets of beautiful knees, elbows and other dry bits. I want to look show my knobbly knees off with pride :razz:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really hate my knees, but that's mainly because they're covered in white scars. As are my elbows/wrists.
  • Options
    The secret to beautiful knees is Photoshop. Women in shaving adverts are photoshopped to within an inch of their life - they're not a true reflection of what that woman really looks like. So, in reality we ALL have dry skin/knees/elbows.

I have psoriasis so I have to moisturise every day. It's really not that much of a chore, especially if you're really that bothered about it.
  • Options
    The secret to beautiful knees is Photoshop. Women in shaving adverts are photoshopped to within an inch of their life - they're not a true reflection of what that woman really looks like. So, in reality we ALL have dry skin/knees/elbows.

:grump:

Not the answer I wanted, Ilora. But I suspected as much! :p
  • Options
    Bath and Body Works over there? Can't remember the name, its a cream (not the lotion), has shea butter in it, the tub is white and blue... "Heel of Approval" it may be called. Best thing ever. Knees, elbows and heels. I've even got Ed's elbows all smoothe and pretty from it :razz:
  • Options
    I don't think we have Bath and Body Works, well not that I've ever noticed. But maybe I'll be able to find something similar to that, I'm pretty sure we've got some kind of heel/dry foot skin balm knocking about already.

I can't believe I'm even thinking about this, but now it's popped into my head I am obsessed. Maybe I should get a job... :chin: :razz:
  • Options
    i like my elbows and knee's :)

they're not really much drier than my other skin and dont look manky or dirty.

I rarely moisturise them either, so im not sure why they are ok. I have been told though that i do have exceptionally soft skin in general- so maybe thats why?
  • Options
    I'd recommend having a look at Flexitol I use their heel balm in the summer and it's fabulous, really works. They do one for all over body that's for dry skin, so have a go with that and you'll see a difference.

It really is about exfoliating and moisturising regularly.
  • Options
    I'd recommend getting a motorbike. Proper clothing has sliders/protective pads over the joints, so nobody will ever see them ;).
  • Options
    My knees hide behind skirts, they look pretty when hidden :p

My elbows are covered in scars from artex injuries when my brother used to ram me into it, bastard.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The skin on my elbows gets dry, once it had actually formed a crust which fell one day and had new skin underneath! But it doesn't bother me per say. I just use hand moisturising cream when it gets too bad, it works fine.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I don't think we have Bath and Body Works

Nope don't think we do. My mate bought us some stuff back from there everytime she went america to see family, and I loved the lipbalm so much I sent her there with money for more. Unfortunetly, there was none of the flavour/colour I'd had the last time, so she just chose another one. The pink lipbalm of doom I call it.

My lips cracked and swelled up , puffed out to rival the protrusion of my nose! Stupidly, me and my mum thouhgt it was a combination of the bad weather, a chest infection and glanudular fever was having on me *all my neck was swollen after all!* so I kept using it to moisturize them. Took me a month to realise there was lanolin in it (I'm allergic, but had never encourtered it really!). We tried to find somewhere so we could take the others my mate had bought me back, but we were stumped. So it went in the bin, because my mum didn't like it and my sisters allergic to something else in it :D

Lesson for this week kiddies: Always check labels!
  • Options
    well i don't have dry knees but whenever i shave my legs i always moisturise afterwards with vaseline intensive care body lotion.
  • Options
    I hate my knees. I have fallen over that many times that they often look purple and horrible from the scars. That's when they're not covered in cuts and scabs :grump:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Elbow skin's not too different than scrotum skin when you think about it. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Elbow skin's not too different than scrotum skin when you think about it. :D

Niiice :lol:

Well they look normal today, it's not really that there's dry skin, just they're a darker colour as girlinthecurl said about her elbows. Weird, but I guess since they have tougher and more flexible skin than most of the rest of our bodies it's normal. Ho hum.

nicx, that sounds awful... I still laughed :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I don't think we have Bath and Body Works
    There was one in Milton Keynes about 6 years ago. Not seen it since.