Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

graduation outfit help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right you lot, i need some help if you will :D

Tis my graduation next week, and i will obviously have to wear a silly cape and hat, im limited in the smart clothes department and am not sure what to wear.

We've been reccomended to wear a button up top, which is good because i actually own two fitted shirts.

I decided that a skirt will probably look silly with the cape so opted for trousers, and aside from my scruffy jeans the only trousers i own are plain black.

However!! I cant decide which shirt to go for. I have one black and one white with grey stripes. I sometimes think the white one makes me look like i work in a shop when teamed with black trews. But im scared the black one will make me look like im attending a funeral, or about to suck someones blood (with the cape), so if i wear the black one i thought maybe i could liven it up with a colourful belt. I only own black shoes so i cant liven it up with bright shoes.

Where i need help is deciding what outfit to wear. What do you all reckon? Do the belts look silly? With the white shirt do i look like i work in a shop? Or do all the outfits look hideous?

oh and apparantly i cant not pull a stupid face today hence my sensoring.

Comments

• Options
    the first one.
  • Options
    I'd go with the white, break things up a bit. Our graduation ceremonies started today, lots of people were wearing skirts. There were lots of black skirt/trouser and white shirt combos and it looked fine.
  • Options
    sorry errrm ive deleted the original attachments for this one now, im not sure what order the last attachments were in but which did u mean lucifer?

moon arcanum, do u think the belts look silly, is that why u prefer the white shirt? I prefer the black shirt as it fits alot better (as you can see) but i will wear the white if people think the belts look silly and i'll look like a goth in all black.
  • Options
    white shirt. :yes:
  • Options
    Do you know what colour your hood will be?

At my graduation last week a lot of girls wore skirts (me included) and it looked good.

Wear shoes that you can walk in easily as you don't want to fall over on stage!

Take safety pins incase you need to re-pin your hood to your gown.
  • Options
    white shirt. :yes:

:( dam. i hate that white shirt. Just feels like its a really boring outfit- black trousers and white shirt. Like i havent bothered. Then again if everyone thinks the black outfits look stupid then i will wear the white..but still. hm.

Do the black outfits look stupid?

How about, if i dyed the white shirt purple :D i already have some purple fabric dye kicking around
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Do you know what colour your hood will be?

At my graduation last week a lot of girls wore skirts (me included) and it looked good.

Wear shoes that you can walk in easily as you don't want to fall over on stage!

Take safety pins incase you need to re-pin your hood to your gown.

The shoes are just comfy flat pumps so no problem walking in them. I dont own heels or i'd be some sort of giant.

Cant remember what colour the hood is though

I have left all my skirts 3 hours away so cant wear one now.
  • Options
    i personally thought the belts made it look a bit too casual.

but you need to feel comfortable so wear what you want!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    I have left all my skirts 3 hours away so cant wear one now.
    That's okay - plenty of people wear trousers as well :thumb:

The white shirt comes down lower so you can't see flesh at the sides which is good as it looks formal. But you probably can't tell the difference when you've got the gown on anyway.

It was really really hot with the gown on at mine so you might want to bear that in mind too.
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about looking stupid. Everyone will look stupid. You are wearing CAPES.

I like number 2 best. Bear in mind you won't see most of it, but the bits that'll poke out will look fab :p
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    I wouldn't worry too much about looking stupid. Everyone will look stupid. You are wearing CAPES.

I like number 2 best. Bear in mind you won't see most of it, but the bits that'll poke out will look fab :p

Cheers, the stripey scarf belt was secretly my fave too. But a dont trust my fashion sense, wasnt sure if it looked a bit 'gothic' with all the black and purple going on
  • Options
    anyone else got any opinions? i need to decide soon :nervous:
  • Options
    Middle one :yes:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Middle one :yes:

cheers :D