Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

BV treatment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was having some problems with discharge and was told I probably have BV and was given the antibiotics to take.
I did a search on here and seems some of you have had this before so was wondering if you can tell me - how effective is the treatment? and how long does it take to work?
Today is the 4th day out of the 5 that I have to take the antibiotics for and I havent seen any difference at all yet :confused: I'm just getting a little worried and I really just want it to get better and go away :crying:

Comments

• Options
    you're lucky you got pills i had this mingin cream which came out like sludge LOL!!

They wouldnt give you anything that wouldnt work and its no biggy - its also called "the honey mooners disease" cos it can come from having a lot of sex and a period of not doing, or from washing with harsh soaps etc

despite the nasty symptoms its actually the cleanest thing to have wrong down there so dont distress!!

the cream treatment took a week, no sex for 7 days though, and even then it was a bit dodgy (yuk) so i expect at the end of your course you should be right as rain :thumb:
  • Options
    I had this a few weeks ago (for over 2 years!!). Things weren't any better by day 4 but by the day after i finished the tablets things were all ok :).
    I was worried it wouldn't clear up too but it did.
    Did they not take a swab from you to check thats what it is?
  • Options
    Bacterial Vaginosis ? If i'm right do i get a pressie ?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Bacterial Vaginosis ? If i'm right do i get a pressie ?

Yes. And no :p
  • Options
    Awwww. Good guess though :)
  • Options
    Your present is being right :p
  • Options
    lol. not a bad guess from a gay guy, who's nearest presence to a vagina was his birth :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    lol. not a bad guess from a gay guy, who's nearest presence to a vagina was his birth :D

Although to be honest, that's pretty fucking close.
  • Options
    thanks tweety and lexica for your responses and reassurance! :)
    Did they not take a swab from you to check thats what it is?
    yes, they took the test to see if that was it for sure but they had to send it off to the lab and decided to just go ahead and treat me straight away anyway.
    the cream treatment took a week, no sex for 7 days though,
    yea, no alcohol for the week i take the tablets and no sex for a week after they're finished - what a fun two weeks i'm having! :no: :p

well today is the last day for the tablets so i'll see but i am also due for my period today so dont know how that will affect it all :s i have an appointment to go back to the doctor middle of next week to see that its all cleared up so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    I wasn't told not to have sex. We had sex 2 days after i finished them.
    My main symptom though was painful sex. You aren't to drink the day after you finish taking them either btw.