Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need some of that TheSite happiness!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm in desprate need of cheering up.

It's a Saturday night and I'm stuck inside while everyone else I know is out having fun or getting bladdered. There's no comofrt food in the house, no one is around to talk to, I'm unemployed and my summer holidays are over on Monday. AND I have a sore throat. :crying:

Someone cheer me up pleaseeee!

Comments

• Options
    Do you want us to cheer you up with thinhs that are currently making us happy, or do you want our tales of woe so that you feel better about your predicament?

I can provide both :D
  • Options
    Anything and everything. Dad wont go and get me a Galaxy bar so I'm stuck munching cucumber.
  • Options
    I'm skint and I've got toothache :(

Really hungry aswell, but I can't be arsed moving.
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Anything and everything. Dad wont go and get me a Galaxy bar so I'm stuck munching cucumber.
    Ok...
    Good things: I won a prize in a photography competition today. It's not raining and I've just had a nice cup of tea. I am racing tomorrow.

Bad things: I am racing tomorrow!
  • Options
    Ok...
    Good things: I won a prize in a photography competition today. It's not raining and I've just had a nice cup of tea. I am racing tomorrow.

Bad things: I am racing tomorrow!

Well done on your competition! Wow people are so clever....

You've just given me a great idea.... If my dad feels nice that is.
  • Options
    Tea is good :yes:
  • Options
    Good: My Daddy has lent m his car for two weeks, I bought a teapot today :)

Bad: I too am stuck in on a Saturday night, I'm trying to plan my diet :(
  • Options
    Good: I'm on holiday and dont have to go back to work til Weds. I have a pamperday on Tuesday and I'm going out (hopefully) pubbing/clubbing with my brother when he comes down for a couple of days

Bad: Im on holiday and bored stupid. I have to go back to work on wednesday. I have to give up my nice double bed to slepp in a single bed next week as my brother is visiting with his girlfriend and my mums has had the genius idea of washing my duvet cover and curtains once they've gone so I have to sleep in a small shitty bed next week. :impissed:
  • Options
    *pours you a vodka*

Now you've shared my happiness for the evening :)
    I shall be in all night also.
  • Options
    Me too. Sod all on the telly, nothing worth watching on Boxoffice. SO me and Lady Stella are going to get reacquainted and see if i can play some drunken bawdyness on TFC later.
  • Options
    I've just done a huuuge pile of ironing and all the way through it I was thinking about relaxing on the couch, watching Notting Hill and munching my tortillas and dip.

I've just discovered though that I got the wrong ones of each, I have salted tortillas and hot salsa :grump:

Cheese and onion Walkers it is.
  • Options
    If you'd said a bit earlier, you could have come on the back of the bike to see my Grandmother :).
  • Options
    Good: bought loads of awesome stuff at the charity shop earlier, including 2 massive cones of mystery yarn that are going to make the best autumn jumpers ever. Also located the only pair of glasses in the world that don't make me look ridiculous! They're red :heart:

Bad: aforementioned glasses had to be the most expensive bastards in the bloody shop, so that coupled with my stupid special prescription for my stupid special eyes near on bankrupted me. In addition, I'm poor anyway, cause my company pay me shit all and I can't find another job. I too have toothache, so from my jaw right up to my temple feels like I'm being punched repeatedly. I have been out maybe 3 Saturday nights since Christmas due to being ill in a fashion that the stupid hospital are too shit to fix. And if that weren't enough, all I can hear is ROBBIE SHITTING WILLIAMS even though I'm 2 miles away from the stupid concert with all my doors and windows shut.

:grump:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    And if that weren't enough, all I can hear is ROBBIE SHITTING WILLIAMS even though I'm 2 miles away from the stupid concert with all my doors and windows shut.

You have my sympathy on that, that must drive you mad two nights in a row.
  • Options
    I can hear that too. My stepdad has it on downstairs.

Good things: I am seeing boy-type tomorrow :D.

Bad things: I have to work tomorrow for 8 hours first, I'm only seeing him for less than 5 hours, I dunno when I'm gonna see him after that, and I have lots of college work to do and no time to do it in. HURRAH.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Good: Yesterday I was out between 4pm and 1am

Bad: I have 2 exams on Monday...
  • Options
    Oh, add to my bad list my dissertation supervisor is expecting to see me in 2 weeks time with a completed bibliography, a detailed chapter plan and the bulk of my research. I haven't started any of it :(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh, add to my bad list my dissertation supervisor is expecting to see me in 2 weeks time with a completed bibliography, a detailed chapter plan and the bulk of my research. I haven't started any of it :(
    We're boiling in similar pots then...
  • Options
    I don't even see why she needs me to have so much done. It isn't even due in until April!
  • Options
    Here's a peanut, here's an apple, put them togewther and you get a blah!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    And if that weren't enough, all I can hear is ROBBIE SHITTING WILLIAMS even though I'm 2 miles away from the stupid concert with all my doors and windows shut.

I could hear that a bit, and I was 3 hours away! And on the phone.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

I could hear that too. I had it on :D I was meant to be seeing that next weekend but tickets are ridiculous prices.

I'm in a much better mood today so obviously all your nice happiness worked! Though I wish I'd of read the thing about the vodka a bit sooner, that would have given me more ideas (Vodka and tea... hm... :yuck: )
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Im sad as my boyfriend has just left me, so roll on mext weekend.

But, Im starting a new university tomorrow, so thats a nice new adventure, and more importantly, my fella built me a rather gorgeous looking bookcase...so thats all good!

hope your more cheery today nikki!
  • Options
    Hope you're happier today, Nikki. I spent Saturday night in too, yuck.
    I just pampered myself, and had an early night. Which is really rather sad considering it was a Saturday night. But hey what can you do when your friend blows you out for a date with a guy. Hah.